New PC spitfire broken

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MarvK
Airman First Class

New PC spitfire broken

Post by MarvK »

Hi guys, I need some help here. I just built a new PC coming from Windows 7 and now running windows 10. Running FSX-SE. I suspect I’m having some sort of Accusim or Simconnect problem. All of my default aircraft and even the Aircraft Factory Corsair are running and sounding properly. I spent the day yesterday reinstalling FSX and all my Orbx scenery, stopping frequently to check and make sure everything is running properly. All was good until I installed my beloved Spitfire. :(

It seemed everything installed correctly, I ran the latest update from here. But, when I enter the cockpit, there are no sounds, and none of the control levers work. I.e. throttle, prop, mixture levers. They all work in the default aircraft. I double checked with the default Baron and all 6 axis’ work.

I hit control E to start, and when I go to the outside view, I can hear the engine running, it even has thrust with the throttle. Propeller is not turning, and when I try to enter the maintenance hangar, it says my aircraft is airborne and not able to enter the hanger. Also cannot click to override or bypass the screen.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled one time. Then I deleted the .wyc update file, and ran the updater again. It went through the routine of updating again but still I have the same problem.

I’m out of ideas on what to do next and I hope you can give me a suggestion on what to do to fix it. I have every aircraft for FSX that I ran in my previous system with no problems. I’m thinking I don’t want to install any more A2A aircraft Until I can get this one fixed.

Please help. :(

Marv

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New PC spitfire broken

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can I just check some basics;

Did you install the Spitfire + its Accu-sim Package?

How are you loading into the spitfire?

Are you getting simconnect error upon loading on the screen?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Hi Lewis,

I installed the the spitfire, then the accusim package, and then the 9-16-18 update.

I start with the default Cessna 172 Cold and dark.

No, I do not get a Simconnect error.

However, I have an update for you. I uninstalled the spit, and AccuSim again. Deleted the 2 A2A folders, and installed the Spit, then accusim. Then I went back into the sim and loaded the spit. Guess what? All was working! :D Cockpit sounds, control levers, hanger maintenance.

But, it was short-lived. :( I exited the sim and installed the update, went back into the sim, loaded the spit, and same thing. No cockpit sounds, no control levers, no hanger access. I can’t figure out what’s going on. I do have activesky 16 and a registered copy of FSUIPC if it matters. Activesky was not running when I did the test.

My previous PC never had this problem on Win7. So now I’m wondering if it’s a Windows 10 thing. I just installed it on a new system over the weekend. It says everything is all up-to-date, and I installed everything as administrator. Let me know if you need anymore info.

I miss my A2A planes! :cry:

Marv

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marv,

My first suggestion here would be to try a test with FSUIPC inactive. By this, I just mean place the FSUIPC4.DLL in a separate folder somewhere and try loading the aircraft in the sim and see if it behaves itself.

If the problem persists when FSUIPC has been completely removed from the equation, at least we know to look somewhere else such as at reinstalling the SimConnect client.

However, if removing FSUIPC 'fixes' the issue, you could look more closely at making sure the DLL is fully updated and the FSUIPC.ini settings.

Thanks,
Nick

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Thanks Nick,

Will try and report back.

Marv

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Nick,

OK, I moved FSUIPC to a different folder, restarted the sim, and no change. I was a couple versions behind, so I installed the latest version for FSX, restarted the sim, and still no change. :(

I should also mention, that I reinstalled the Simconnect version that came with Steam yesterday.

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

I went ahead and installed the Bonanza. No problems with it! :D at least I can fly something.

Should I try and install one of the other WOPIII aircraft?

Marv

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marv,

If the issues seem to be restricted to the Spit, it may be worth deleting its log.dat files in case they've become corrupted. This'll reset the state of the Spit, and to do so just delete the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Spitfire" folder.

Thanks,
Nick

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Hi Nick,

I did as you suggested, and still no change. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled one more time. Except, this time, I went to my account and downloaded a fresh copy of the Spitfire. Up until now I have been using my original downloads for the Spit. I was under the impression that the original version 1.0 was always the same, and would be upgraded to the newest version with the updater. Apparently that version was maybe a little bit different? Because now, everything is working as it should! I am a happy camper! :D

So, I’m going to be downloading fresh new copies of all my aircraft. Fingers crossed, they all work.

Thanks for your patience. :wink:

Marv

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hello Marv.

I suspect it fixed itself when you installed the A2A Bonanza. I had the same problem with the A2A Accu-sim Spitfire in FSX Gold and then later on in the Steam version, if installed on its own and with no other A2A GA aircraft installed. It would work straight after installing but then, when updated it would not. It was during a certain set of circumstances that I noticed, that installing an A2A GA would also fix the Spitfire. Something in the install structure of the updates changed. Probably some new file dependency, that got overlooked in the old Spit.

I maintain FSX SE now solely for the A2A Spitfire, but I make sure to install at least one other A2A GA as well.

Steve.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Marv.

Good to hear the issue is resolved for now. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”