Installing the Spitfire in P3d v3.4 ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jcomm
Senior Airman

Installing the Spitfire in P3d v3.4 ?

Post by jcomm »

Hi,

I'm planning to buy P3D just to be able to use the FSLabs A320 and my old A2A fighters, p51d civil and military as well as the Spitfire, and maybe the B377 too...

I will then have to apply the Accusim update, but question is, since these products do not have a p3d version, how should I go ?

1) Install pointing the installer into the P3D v3.4 folder and creating there a dummy FSX.EXE?
2) Will the Accusim update work over it ?
Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Installing the Spitfire in P3d v3.4 ?

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yes. The first thing you want to do, is create an FSX.exe file in the P3D root folder. If you have an original FSX.exe you can use that but copying the Prepar3D.exe and re-naming it will do the same job.

After that, you need to manually redirect the aircraft installer to the P3D root folder. The same applies to any separate Accu-Sim add-ons you have.

For the on-line updater, just select P3D and it should update all A2A aircraft you have installed there. At least, it does for me. :)

I have only tried this method with the older War birds and apart from the B377 it works perfectly, so far.

Cheers.
Steve.

*Edit*
Just remembered. I always install my native P3D C172 first. Without it, the on-line updater seems to break the older Accu-Sim installers.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Spot on Steve...

Oh and just one more tip DON'T use Estonian Migration Tool for any A2A any more. It is a GREAT programme but it causes problems with the A2A formatting of directories/files. (which is a knock on effect of what Steve described about needing the 172)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio wrote:Oh and just one more tip DON'T use Estonian Migration Tool for any A2A any more. It is a GREAT programme but it causes problems with the A2A formatting of directories/files. (which is a knock on effect of what Steve described about needing the 172)
Good point about the migration tool. The B377 used to install into P3D for me using the fake FSX.exe method, then it stopped working a while ago now, during one of the many P3D updates. I did get it installed and running once using the migration tool, but that too stopped working and so reluctantly, she was consigned to my 'obsolete for P3D' folder.

Cheers.
Steve.

jcomm
Senior Airman

Post by jcomm »

Thx guys for the precious info!
Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

jcomm wrote:Hi,

I'm planning to buy P3D just to be able to use the FSLabs A320......
That reminds me. Perhaps it's time to get their P3D version of Concord. Been making do with their FSX version till now. It's a big payout again though.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”