Spitfire Update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Pip Bond
Airman

Spitfire Update

Post by Pip Bond »

Hi All, I know that A2A are not supporting the Spitfire in P3D, so this is more a note to see if anyone else has had this prob....

A.I have installed the Spit in P3D + Accusim before and all was well, then I installed the latest update and lost all cockpit sound and the prop stopped spinning.

B.When I uninstalled and reinstalled the spit + Accusim all was well again,then to test the update I updated again, this time the update ran and said I was up to date,it completed without installing anything, but weirdly the problem returned.

How can I tell the actual version of the Accusim that is installed? if it is the latest update that causes the problem then I can always go back to an earlier update, but if i have to use the initial issue of the Spit it used to get a bit "Warm"!!

Best Regards

Pip

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spitfire Update

Post by bladerunner900 »

That is exactly what happened to me when I installed and updated the Spit in a new install of v2.5. If you have the native P3D C172, installing that cured it on my rig. Sounds strange I know, but it started working again afterwards, even after updating. If you don't have the C172 perhaps one of the others would do the same thing. If you don't have any of the other P3D aircraft then I guess your stuffed. :cry:

See this post

Cheers
Steve.

Pip Bond
Airman

Post by Pip Bond »

Hi, looking at the forums I spotted that Scott had posted a stand alone update for the Spitfire, I ran that and all was well, so i guess I will have to plead for stand alone updates for the Spitfire until I can afford a P3D accusim aircraft........

Pip :D

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

That's good news. I forgot about the stand-alone.

I don't know where I'd be without my Spitfire. This is the fighter, along with the Hurricane, that helped keep us in the war. No Spitfire no resistance to Goering's attack, no free UK, no Operation Overlord. The classic Butterfly Effect.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you install the simconnect, this sounds like the simconnect was not installed?

A standalone update shouldnt be required.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Sorry for interrupting Lewis, but Pip does say that the Spitfire was working when he first installed it. This tells me that Simconnect must have been working. It was after he updated that the trouble started. This is indeed what happened to me. Unless of course you are saying that the updater is somehow breaking Simconnect, for the Spitfire in P3D, then that is a different matter. I will try some experiments with my new install of v2.5.

Cheers.
Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you guys downloading the latest updater or trying to run an older one?

thanks,
Lewis

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Lewis. Yes, I am using the file A2A_Update_01_26_15.EXE updater. I believe it is the current one. I understand that strictly speaking, the Spitfire is not officially guaranteed to work with P3D but here are my findings anyway.

I un-installed P3D v2.5 and removed all Lockheed Martin user folders manually. I then re-installed P3D and ran it and set it up.

I then installed the Spitfire and it's Accu-sim package. I did not install Simconnect as that was already installed with FSX. Nevertheless, the Spitfire worked with no apparent problems. The sounds were all correct in the cockpit, all the switches worked and the prop would spin as you would expect. I did a quick flight and everything seemed to be performing as expected.

Then I ran the updater, A2A_Update_01_26_15.EXE. It found the Spitfire and updated from v1.0 to v2.12. I had not installed any other aircraft, A2A or otherwise so as expected, nothing else updated.

Once again the Spitfire did not function correctly. The prop was not spinning and the cockpit was totally silent. The switches and levers seemed to be operating but there was no sound. The only gauge I could see that was working was the turn/side-slip indicator. On the outside I could hear the engine running but the prop was static. The undercarriage was also stuck in the down position. I tried running the SimConnect.msi included with P3D but this had no effect.

As before, I installed a native P3D A2A aircraft, this time the C182 Skylane and as before, this also fixed the Spitfire. I then ran the on-line updater again. It reported that the Spitfire was already up-to-date but it did update the C182. The Spitfire also continues to work.

So I'm not complaining. The Spitfire continues to function for me in P3D. But it looks like that anyone who has only the Spitfire installed in P3D, is going to have problems updating it. I realise that this is not really relevant, as it's not an official P3D aircraft. Perhaps it should be removed from the updater as part of the P3D update and a separate FSX only updater would be better. As P3D continues to develop, it's bound to have a detrimental effect on the older models.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I've tried to include everything as it happened.

Cheers.
Steve
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 16 Feb 2015, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Pip Bond
Airman

Post by Pip Bond »

Hi Lewis , I downloaded the updater from the forums on the 03/02/2015 I assume that this is the latest one.

The issue is exactly as Blade Runner describes it :D At the moment I am the owner of a fully functioning Spitfire, so I have no problem :D
Cheers

Pip

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the into guys, looks like as P3D continues its development it will lose more and more FSX compatibility.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”