Engine Blue smoke on Take Off

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine Blue smoke on Take Off

Post by robert41 »

Two summers ago, I was flying through North Africa at 2-3000ft. Real weather ground temps were at 108F. Had no problem keeping the Spit cool with the boost at 0 and 1/4 cooler door open. Keeping above 200IAS.

Best not to fly with the cooler door fully open. Creates much drag.
Keeping the boost low and the cooler about 1/4 open seems to work till I get up to some higher and cooler altitudes.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine Blue smoke on Take Off

Post by bladerunner900 »

flapsdown2 wrote:OK Lewis. Thanks for all your help, it is very much appreciated. I have done a complete reinstall of Wop3 and not the ACCU-Sim and all seems to be functioning ok now. I can't get the Radiator temperature down though,.....
I think that is the root of your troubles. To work properly you need to install Accu-sim for the Spitfire. Also be aware, that I have just discovered, that if you do not have any native P3D A2A aircraft installed in v2.5, the on-line updater will break your Accu-sim Spitfire. It says it completes the update successfully but it broke my Spitfire. No animations, no Maintenance hanger and no sounds.

I know it sounds strange but that's what happened to me. My Accu-sim Spitfire was the first aircraft that I re-installed to a new, clean install of P3D v2.5 and at first it worked fine, until I ran the updater. On a (desperate) hunch, I re-installed my native P3D C172 and the Spitfire started working again. I have no idea what is going on but that's what happened.

Cheers.
Steve

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”