MINOR BUG REPORT: manual hydraulic pump on Mark II

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
whiic
Staff Sergeant

MINOR BUG REPORT: manual hydraulic pump on Mark II

Post by whiic »

I binded manual hydraulic pump with Spitfire control configuration utility to joystick button because I most often fly Mark I variant. If I accidentally push the binded button while flying with Spitfire MARK II I can still hear the manual hydraulic pump that shouldn't exist.

I'm taking this as the manual pump still exists on code level both for Mark I and Mark II (in reality, it shouldn't exist physically for Mark II) despite it not being visible in VC and the access to manual pump was restricted by removing the visibility and clickability to it via VC. You can still access the manual hydraulic pump in Mark II via keyboard and joystick button if you configure it. As the note of the squeaking alters if manual pump is used for a longer period of time, I take it that the invisible manual hydraulic pump is also producing hydraulic pressure in Mark II so it's not just a sound effect.

The bug is very minor and I should probably re-allocate it to another button because it's way too easy to accidentally press joystick button #1. (I just binded it there because I have it there for P40, for obvious reasons.)

Also one NOT-A-BUG request:
The fact that manual hydraulic pump operates "click on, click off" can be rather annoying in a way... when you for example forget the manual hydraulic pump is left on. How do you FORGET you are pumping a manual hydraulic pump and accidentally continue to do it for an hour while flying from A to B? Easily, while in a simulation that only hints with squeaky noise (and engine noise running 2600rpm during climb can easily mask any sound of a hydraulic pump). An actual pilot couldn't forget as he would be doing real manual labor pumping it.

As a result, it would be nicer if the pump was operated only as long as the binded button remained pressed, not as a toggle. If it's like that in P40, why not in Spitfire?

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”