Service Pack 2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flapsdown2
Airman

Service Pack 2

Post by flapsdown2 »

Hi Folks. I have the A2A Mk1 and Mk11 Spit installed on my FSX. The 'G' key on the keyboard does not raise the gear. The MkII won't start at all. I have installed the download called wop2_spifire_fsx_fix, to no avail. But maybe I need the Service Pack2. Can't find that anywhere, or is that the same as the wop2_spitfire_fsx_fix? Can someone please point me with a link to find Service Pack 2.
Hope you are able to help.
Thanks.
John

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: Service Pack 2

Post by Welsch »

I don't think there is a "Service Pack 2" for the Spitfire - in the context of FSX, Service Pack 2 generally refers to the Service Pack 2 for FSX. I am sure they link to the download for that somewhere here on the forum...

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

John,

first of all welcome to the forums! According to what you wrote, you purchased a Wings of Power 3 Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.II, right ? Did you buy only a plane or a plane + Accusim module ?

If you are the owner of Wings of Power 3 Spitfire (which is a completly different product that the older Wings of Power 2 Spit), you should not run that patch. That one was for the old version to make it fully functional in the FSX.
Instead of that, I'd recommend downloading:

a) http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... t_dats.zip <- if you have Wings of Power 3 Spit without Accusim
b) http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279 <- Accusim patch which will check the product version and update to the newest one.

The Wings of Power 3 has an axis configurator and the Mk.I version has manual gear lever. You have to set the lever to "raise" or "lower" and then pump using the handle to raise/lower gear using "ctrl+g" combination. It should be explained in the manual.

Good luck,
Lucas

flapsdown2
Airman

Post by flapsdown2 »

Thank you Lucas. I have the following:
1. wop3_spitfire
2. wop3_spitfire_accusim
3. wop2_spitfire_fsx_fix
4. spit_default_dats
5. Wop3_Spitfire Manual.
I have installed all these.(Well not No's 4 and 5). Are you saying that I should not have installed No.3 in the above list? If this is so, should I uninstall the whole wop3_spitfire and re-install only No's 1 and 2 in the above list?
Thanks for the tip re the landing gear much appreciated.
John

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

John,
I'd suggest to do the following, step by step:

- Uninstall WoP3 Spit Accusim and the WoP3 Spit
- Install Wings of Power 3 Spitfire
- Install Wings of Power 3 Spitfire Accusim Module
- Download Accusim Updater module from here: http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _14_14.zip
- Run the updater. It will find your Spitfire installation, then will download the patches and finally will install them.

No other patches are required! The "wop2_spitfire_fsx_fix" is for the older A2A product, the Wings of Power 2 Spitfire. You have the Wings of Power 3 version, the newest one.

Once done, go to the Start/Programs/A2A/WOP3_Spitfire and have some reading about the plane.
Basically, there are three versions in that installations: Mk.Ia, Mk.IIa and Mk.IIb. The Mk.Ia version has manual gear pump, so you have to provide pressure manually. The handle is on the starboard side of the cockpit. Remember to set it to 'raise' or 'lower' position. Also, before the flight, make sure that all the tanks are full, including oxygen bottle, etc. There is a dedicated panel (shift + 4) which will help you managing the plane and loadout.
I'd recommend to read the manual, especially system descriptions, checklists and spend some time watching official footage on the A2A channel on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgEiJoBxX0 Official WoP3 Spit video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYL7thQj6M Video where Scott describes the differences between the props which can be installed in your Spit (fixed pitch, constant speed and variable pitch)

Enjoy this beautiful plane and hope that you will manage it. Good luck!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

welcome to the forums. Just to add to the other posts in case your FSX is not updated the two Service Packs from Microsoft are here;

FSX Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... Pack1.aspx

FSX Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... px?id=8986

Let us know how you get on.
thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flapsdown2
Airman

Post by flapsdown2 »

Thank you Lucas and Lewis for your valuable input. Though I'm afraid you have confused me Lewis, as Lucas in his post above yours does not mention these two Service packs. Do I need to download and install both of them? pack 1 first then pack 2?
Not sure what to do now !!
John

flapsdown2
Airman

Post by flapsdown2 »

Sorry Guys. Got another problem now. I un-installed as you suggested Lucas. That was fine, but when I came to re-install POW3_spitfire I got this error message.
'An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem'
Not sure how to deal with this. Do you know how I can cure this please?
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can skip the direct X component of the installation at the end if your system already has it which it will do from the first installation.

I only mentioned the service pack as you mentioned it in your first post so not sure if you have updated your FSX at all prior to the Spitfire purchase/installation?

thanks,
Lewis

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

John,
if you have a so called "FSX Gold" which contains base FSX and Acceleration add-on (which adds racing P-51D, Agusta Westland heli and F-18 Hornet), you do not have install any Service Packs to your FSX.

If you have just a FSX without Acceleration add-on, you should install those Service Packs which were mentioned by Lewis in his post.
As for those errors, you can skip DirectX installation at the end of Spitfire installation.

flapsdown2
Airman

Post by flapsdown2 »

Ok Guys thank you. I have FSX Deluxe and have the service packs for FSX 1 & 2 installed already.
Cheers
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, in that case what Lucas Posted should see you up and running;

"- Install Wings of Power 3 Spitfire
- Install Wings of Power 3 Spitfire Accusim Module
- Download Accusim Updater module from here: http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _14_14.zip
- Run the updater. It will find your Spitfire installation, then will download the patches and finally will install them."

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”