STARTING PROBLEM

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Busterbvi
Airman

STARTING PROBLEM

Post by Busterbvi »

Not flown the Spit for a while but went to take her up a few days ago and it would not start. The starter engages and the engine turns over belching smoke but the prop is not turning and it does not fire up ! Everything is done as per start up check list and AUTO MIXTURE is disabled in FSX SETTINGS. I do not have AcuSim installed. Any thoughts on a fix for this ?

Thanks. Buster.
HTPC. HX750 PSU. Asus Z87 Pro. i7 4770k. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB SSD (Boot) 1TB SSD (Storage) GTX 980ti SC. Win 7 / 64 bit. Yamaha RX-V 673
AVR. BenQ W1070 PJ. 120" Screen. Energy 7.1 Surround. Serving wench & Lap dancing facilities.

Busterbvi
Airman

Re: STARTING PROBLEM

Post by Busterbvi »

Update; In an attempt to fix this issue I uninstalled all the Spits files & folders. I did a fresh download and re installed with MS Security Essentials off. The problem remains.
If I go Shift 7 into the hangar and click on "Complete overhaul" nothing happens.

I would appreciate some input from A2A support on this.

Thanks.
Last edited by Busterbvi on 29 May 2014, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
HTPC. HX750 PSU. Asus Z87 Pro. i7 4770k. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB SSD (Boot) 1TB SSD (Storage) GTX 980ti SC. Win 7 / 64 bit. Yamaha RX-V 673
AVR. BenQ W1070 PJ. 120" Screen. Energy 7.1 Surround. Serving wench & Lap dancing facilities.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I'm a little confused, you say you don't have Accusim? I was under the impression that the MH only came with the Accusim upgrade?

In any event, it is possible that you may have missed deleting the ".dat" files under C:/documents/A2A or similar. They will not be deleted by an "uninstall" and those files are where your problem is I would guess. Most times the aircraft is not performing properly, it is due to corrupt .dat files.

Sorry I can't be more help right now but someone should give you a hand if this doesn't solve it.

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Thanks for the reply killratio. Its been a while now since I used it last but I am sure the hangar is functional in the basic WOP3 Spitfire. If I hit Shift 7 the hangar opens and I see the clipboard list of my usual damages but I can not zero hour the engine. Maybe this is as it should be if Accusim is not installed ?

So, is it just a simple case of deleting the dat files and am I correct in assuming the Spit will create new ones next time I load it ? or do I have to download new dat files ? Where do I download them from ?
Last edited by Busterbvi on 29 May 2014, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you install the core update into a non Accu-sim aircraft? The maint hanger is a part of the Accu-sim package

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Hi Lewis. The only A2A aircraft I have is the WOP3 Spitfire which I installed first and then installed Accusim. I now have Accusim turned off. I was having problems with the Spit so I deleted it and re installed it from a fresh download with all AV turned off during install. I did not disturb Accusim.

I have just been working on trying to fix problems and I re installed Simconnect and the Data files in case they were an issue. I have two hard drives, C drive has my OS and G drive has FSX. If I look in C:/Documents/A2A/FSX/Spitfire, I have the three new dat files;

Spitfire.dat
Spitfire11aLog.dat
Spitfire11bLog.dat

I now have the engine and prop turning over and starting. It looks like the 2 blade prop fix is the same files as the dat files, I tried the prop fix but I am stuck with the 2 blade where there should be a 3 blade. I would have thought that the store files would would have been fixed a long time ago rectify this issue !?

If I look in G:/FSX/A2A, there are two files, SHARED and SPITFIRE, if I look in SPITFIRE I see the same 3 dat files as above plus this one, Spitfire1aLog.dat.

If I look in G:/FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/WOP3 Spitfire I see one single Spitfire.dat file

For now I would like to fly without Accusim, I have its installer safely tucked away in the FSX root if I want it later. What is the best way to uninstall Accusim so I have a clean installation of the Spitfire so I can get it working perfectly ?

After this evenings troubleshooting efforts, if I go SHIFT 7 the hangar opens, I hear air tools and I can repair damage and zero hour the engine, however, I can not change the prop when I click on the prop on the floor. Even though I have Accusim turned off, it seems to be semi functional.

Maybe I should uninstall everything and start afresh, what would you advise Lewis ?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I'm confused. You mentioned you dont have Accu-sim, then that you do and then that you applied a fix (the prop fix) that was only for non Accu-sim users?

Can I please suggest you uninstall the Spitfire and reinstall from scratch in this order;

Spitfire
Accu-sim pack for the Spitfire
Latest core update here; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=40084

That will get you all uninstalled and at least up to the latest version with all the updates and upgrades. If an issue is present we can then work from there.

thanks,
Lewis

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Hi Lewis. OK, to clarify, as I said its been some time since I used it last and I forgot that Acusim is installed but switched off. It appears that the installation of the Spitfire and/or Acusim scatters files. I need to know what and where to delete files so I can start again with a clean install. Please note my comments in above post on my drives. Should I be looking for a Acusim file to delete or is it embedded in the Spitfires files ?

I ask this because I have already deleted the Spit and re installed it from a fresh download but the hangar features are still there.

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

rather than delete an un-install should be performed from the add/remove programs area of windows

thanks,
Lewis

Busterbvi
Airman

Post by Busterbvi »

Thanks Lewis, if I do that and uninstall the Spit from Windows / Programmes, will it take Acusim with it and other files scattered about ?
Last edited by Busterbvi on 30 May 2014, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Yes it should take all the files out from the program.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”