Simconnect error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VAL067
Airman

Simconnect error

Post by VAL067 »

Hi guys wondering if someone could help me.. ..lately I have been getting simconnect error message when my spitfire reloads after a crash it comes up with simconnect error trying to reconnect. .. then everthing seems fine except once I lost the Acusim sound of engine.. it only happens after I crash the plane and its only recently started .. I havent tried with any other planes.. last time this started to happen my whole fsx crashed but then I was getting complete not being able to reconnect. But this time I am under the belief it reconnects.. Just trying to get a heads up on what I can do to fix it.. thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Simconnect error

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Do you have the FSX option "Restart after Crash" or something like that enabled?

If so, I would turn that option off.

The 'simconnect error' will occur if you reload an Accu-Sim aircraft several times without exiting and restarting FSX. ,The
number of times that you can reload an Accu-Sim aircraft before the error occurs seems to be related to the speed of
your system or the loading times of the various FSX items.

I have a dual-boot, FSX - Win7 x64, setup and when using FSX in the Xp x32 boot I can only loan and then reload an Accu-sim aircraft a maximum of 3 times before the error occurs.
When flying on the Win7 X64 boot I can load and reload an Accu-Sim aircraft 6 ot 7 times before the error occurs.

Also, it doesn't have to be the same Accu-Sim aircraft. If I initially load a Spitfire, then later load a P-51 and then a P-40 on my Xp boot, I will get the error when I load the P-40. The only way to avoid that is to exit and restart FSX between those operations.

Once the error occurs, you lose the Accu-Sim functions so it is best to exit at that time and restart FSX.

Paul

VAL067
Airman

Post by VAL067 »

Thanks mate thought that maybe the case.. I will keep an eye on it..still I don't like it lols just have my system back up and running after a complete reinstall of everything including the os..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

This is one of those FSX bugs. You can only reload any aircraft a certain amount of times before the sim crashes. This number is reduced the more complex the aircraft. We recommend you turn this off and run with the settings as noted in the manual for correct operation of the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

VAL067
Airman

Post by VAL067 »

Thanks for your reply Lewis .. I have the settings as per manual..I dont know where on fsx to stop it reloading as I have looked.apart from checking ignore crashes or collisions which I dont want to do as it wrecks the whole point of having my realism settings on hard..If you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. . Thanks Val

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”