Differential Braking CH Rudder.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Redlightning777
Airman

Differential Braking CH Rudder.

Post by Redlightning777 »

I just had to reinstall my entire system.. installed all aircraft from scratch, as well as the updates... and accusim update.

I have a CH Products rudder/toebrake setup.. I am finding that there are no differential braking proper.

If I press the left pedal down I get brakes.. if I push just the right pedal down I get brakes.. but if I use them together it seems they are trying to fight each other. Perhaps I just configured it wrong.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Differential Braking CH Rudder.

Post by Medtner »

The brakes are controlled by the handle on the stick. Thus the input on either pedal is counted as normal braking. However if you want differential braking you need to apply rudder input as well as the braking. You will see the response in the pneumatic gauge on the left side of the instrument panel, below the clock.

Be careful to not brake too much - the Spit will want to nose over if you allow it. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

epabakker
Airman Basic

Post by epabakker »

I have a similar problem. Using Saitek rudder pedals.
Left and right brake work well (as differential brakes), but when braking with both pedals they do not work well and braking is hardly happening. Is see the pedals moving back and forwards when they should not.
I have no problem with aircraft from other vendors.

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Usinig the Saitek Combat rudder pedals as well and am seeing the same thing. I just re-attached the brake pedals to my rudder pedals, to use them instead of the pinkie trigger on my TH Warthog HOTAS, and notice this in the Mustang so far as you have said above.

Sitting on the tarmac and applying one brake then it works fine, but am unable to depress both brake pedals at the same time for simultaneous braking on both wheels?
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Eric Bakker
Airman First Class

Post by Eric Bakker »

I have a similar problem. Using Saitek rudder pedals.
Left and right brake work well (as differential brakes), but when braking with both pedals they do not work well and braking is hardly happening. Is see the pedals moving back and forwards when they should not.
I have no problem with aircraft from other vendors.
I found something peculiar. The above happens when I depress both pedals (no braking), but when I release them half way and then again press the brake pedals full it works normal. I have been testing this a few times now. For the brakes to work with two pedals I have to break twice.
Bonanza - T6 Texan - Constellation - PA-24 Comanche - PA-28 Cherokee - C182 Skylane - C172 Trainer - Spitfire - Accu-Feel
| [email protected] | RTX2080ti-11Gb | Win10

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

The duplicate effect for the Mustang is interesting..but as far as the Spitfire goes, I suspect that sending two "brake" messages from different joystick buttons at the same time (or different axes if that is how the pedals are set up) is confusing the software. Just to be clear, the Spitfire does NOT have a left and right braking system as such...the (pneumatic) brakes are applied by operation of a single "switch", the handle brake grip, and the pressure is shared between left and right sides by a variable valve based on rudder position. Application of right rudder taking pressure away from the left side and vice versa.

For this reason it is best to use a single joystick button for brakes..as the Accusim Spitfire automatically takes care of the pressure sharing within the model. Some changes were made to the brakes on the last update to re-add "proportional" left and right braking, which had been broken in the previous. I guess these changes have impacted people who want to use separate brake "buttons" such as toe brakes.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”