P3Dv2.1 Issues (update: Mostly solved by LM hotfix 2/27)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

P3Dv2.1 Issues (update: Mostly solved by LM hotfix 2/27)

Post by shortspecialbus »

Hi,

I'm aware that the spitfire isn't currently supported in P3D v2.1, however I figured I'd make a topic anyways. In the initial release of P3D v2, I was able to fly the spitfire fine via a direct install or via the Estonia Migration Tool.

However with a fresh install of everything with P3D v2.1, the Spitfire doesn't work properly at all. All of the fluids are empty and unable to be filled, and as such, the plane doesn't work.

This is with the 1.6 accusim patch installed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I'm happy to do any troubleshooting/testing requested.

Thanks!

-stefan
Last edited by shortspecialbus on 04 Mar 2014, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3Dv2.1 Issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd try letting the P3D developers know that some FSX compatibility has been lost if the patches are breaking things.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Lewis - A2A wrote:I'd try letting the P3D developers know that some FSX compatibility has been lost if the patches are breaking things.

thanks,
Lewis
Somehow I don't think they're going to care too much, as it isn't their problem unfortunately. Not that it's your problem really either, but I suspect that either a workaround in conjunction with you guys or a hotfix is going to be a lot faster and more likely to actually happen than Lockheed Martin caring about a very tiny segment of their customer base, which we're already a tiny segment of since they're a military contractor.

Any ideas for things for me to try?

Thanks!

-stefan

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

I will note that the C172 seems to be working well, so I at least have that! Unfortunately I've been reading a bunch of Battle of Britain books as well as First Light so I was really excited to fly the Spitfire around a bit more now that P3D v2 seems to not OOM after a couple minutes with FTX Global+Vector, haha. I'm not sure what's different about the two as far as fluid management goes (I assume quite a bit!) but whatever it is, it works for the 172 but not the Spitfire for me.

-stefan

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Stefan,

I would try uninstalling the Spitfire from windows Control Panel and deleting everything else Spitfire (including the documents folder "dat" files). Then try reinstalling and updating to 1.6 patch.

What you are describing sounds very much like a corrupt install of the Spit rather than a conflict. It happens occasionally. Let me know how you go. I haven't installed 2.1 yet, am planning to do it tonight if I get home from work at a reasonable hour. There isn't anything in the P3D update to 2.1, that I have seen, that should cause simconnect to work that differently .,.. but who knows with software?? There have been some reports of missing SP2 type symptoms though so may be related.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Killratio wrote:Stefan,

I would try uninstalling the Spitfire from windows Control Panel and deleting everything else Spitfire (including the documents folder "dat" files). Then try reinstalling and updating to 1.6 patch.

What you are describing sounds very much like a corrupt install of the Spit rather than a conflict. It happens occasionally. Let me know how you go. I haven't installed 2.1 yet, am planning to do it tonight if I get home from work at a reasonable hour. There isn't anything in the P3D update to 2.1, that I have seen, that should cause simconnect to work that differently .,.. but who knows with software?? There have been some reports of missing SP2 type symptoms though so may be related.

Darryl
Certainly, I'll give that a shot in a bit. Other people are reporting all sorts of gauge errors with 2.1, so it could be related, but you may also be right. I don't care about visual stuff that I can't see from the seat (some say that the landing gear doesn't draw - I can't even see that from the cockpit so meh) so if I can get it to load and work properly from the VC I'm satisfied.

Thanks!

-stefan

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

I'm with you...I don't care much about outside views....

I can tell you though that P3D 2.1 is being "discussed" here, so we will see what comes of that.

D :)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

shortspecialbus wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:I'd try letting the P3D developers know that some FSX compatibility has been lost if the patches are breaking things.

thanks,
Lewis
Somehow I don't think they're going to care too much, as it isn't their problem unfortunately. Not that it's your problem really either, but I suspect that either a workaround in conjunction with you guys or a hotfix is going to be a lot faster and more likely to actually happen than Lockheed Martin caring about a very tiny segment of their customer base, which we're already a tiny segment of since they're a military contractor.

Thanks!

-stefan
Hello Stefan,

the Spitfire is but one of many FSX SP2 aircraft from a range of developers that where working but are no longer in 2.1. If you visit the P3D forums you will find many errors coming up with the latest patch. You will then be able to post about your error for the P3D guys to look over.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Lewis - A2A wrote:
shortspecialbus wrote:

thanks,
Lewis

Thanks!

-stefan
Hello Stefan,

the Spitfire is but one of many FSX SP2 aircraft from a range of developers that where working but are no longer in 2.1. If you visit the P3D forums you will find many errors coming up with the latest patch. You will then be able to post about your error for the P3D guys to look over.

thanks,
Lewis
Yeah, it appears that way, although it seems most of the issues reported are different than what I'm seeing - I suspect Darryl is more on the money with the specific issue I'm having. I'll post an update when I have a chance to try it out.

Thanks!

-stefan

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Killratio wrote:Stefan,

Darryl
No luck, I still can't load fluids. Any other suggestions? This is kind of depressing :(

-stefan

Update: Installing solely the spitfire and not installing the 1.6 patch seems to work. I may try 1.5.1 to see how that goes. Something in the 1.6 patch (when installed to P3Dv2 via the native option) seems to break the spitfire. Right now I just want to fly around a bit though!

-stefan

Update 2: It technically works but not very well. I can't control the radiator flaps, even with the shift menu, so it overheats pretty quick no matter what. The prop also doesn't spin properly, and some other things don't work (can't retract gear, etc.) FPS was also strangely atrocious, when I'm normally fixed at 30 it was dropping to about 8. So, still unusable, but at least I was able to fill it up with fuel, which felt nice :) I'm going to have to either bench this one for a while or install FSX, which I had been avoiding in hopes that P3Dv2.1 would be worthwhile, but it's not looking it so far. Alas.

-stefan

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Hmmmm, yes it seems the 2.1 issues run deep (and somewhat inconsistently). It IS strange that there is such a difference between the performance of the Spit, the P-51, P-40 on the one hand (now reported as being basically unflyable) and the C172 which seems to be pretty much fine...as ALL are "core" aircraft.

I will probably buy an extra P3D licence to put on a second computer and update to 2.1 to test in due course but, for now, I'm getting almost perfect performance in 2.0 (absent the 75C weather layer coming for AS2012), so 2.1 is not getting within cooee of the Spitfire Sim computer. In any case I am buried at work for the next month, so wont be doing much at all.

I don't have any more ideas at this stage, sorry. Thank you for comfirming for me that 2.1 is not worth my while ... but I fully appreciate that is not much comfort to you!!! :(

Best

Darryl

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, oh well. I still think P3Dv2 shows promise, but it's not as close as I was hoping it would be with the 2.1 patch. Even if you ignore the broken gauges/etc, the OOM issue is even worse for me than it was in 2.0, despite the fact that it was supposed to be better. As it is, I'm in the midst of reinstalling FSX now.

64 bit will break nearly everything, but it'll be a delicious omelette when it happens.

-stefan

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Stefan,

I just saw this over at P3D Forum.....it MIGHT help if you haven't already tried it?

:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Gauges Not working Since V2.1 Patch
on: February 14, 2014, 04:16

For backward compatibility:

P3D DOES come with the FSX Simconnect libraries, for the precise reason to allow backward compatibility with FSX Simconnect clients, and they are supposed to be installed automatically.

They are located in these folders

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If for some reason they haven't been installed automatically by the P3D installer, you might try launching the .MSI files in those folders.

--------------------------------------------------------

It would be nice if they have just missed activating those files and 2.1 is good to go...but I'm not hopeful...

Darryl

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Finally got around to trying that - no luck. Ah well. FSX is working well enough.

-stefan

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Sorry about that Stefan....

D

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”