Maintenance Hanger

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hossman
Airman

Maintenance Hanger

Post by Hossman »

I Have just got the WoP III Spitfire Mk 1 & II, it is a great simulation. However, when I broke the prop, amongst other things during a hard landing, I went to visit the maintenance hanger. On use Shift 7, I hear bang like a door opening, footsteps across the hanger floor sounds of work going on an tools being used...I hear them, I do not see them.

I have found by mouse right click I get the white outline of the box, which I move to the middle of the screen. On moving the mouse in this area the pointer changed to a hand finger symbol when it hovers over a selectable item. By trial and error I can now fix the prop without seeing the maintenance hanger box.

I have the WoP III Mustang and its, maintenance hanger used to work without problem, but since the addition of the spitfire, it no does the same too
Anyone any ideas as to what's going on and more importantly how to fix it?

regards
Hossman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Maintenance Hanger

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you run the latest core update after the installation of the spitfire? Was it the spitfire and the spitfire accu-sim package or just the spitfire without accu-sim?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hossman
Airman

Post by Hossman »

Hi Lewis,
I got the complete package with Accusim as i have for the P51. Though I haven't updated the core thing you mentioned, where is this found and I will have a bash

regards

Hossman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It's here in the forums under the updates for the spitfire, p-51, p-40 and soon to be c172. It's one Accu-sim core update to update the aircraft mentioned.

Update thread;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=36524

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hossman
Airman

Post by Hossman »

Hi Lewis,
firstly thanks for your help so far. I have now down loaded the core updates for the Spit and P51. However I still find my self with the same problem. When accessing the Maintenance Hanger there is a clunk sound which I presume is the door opening, at the same time a black window appears fro a nano second, then you get the sounds of the hanger in action. This is the same for the P51, with which I never had a problem with the maintenance hanger before

regards

Hossman

Hossman
Airman

Post by Hossman »

Hi,
just a quick update that despite unloading and reloading the spitfire along with the core update I am still having the problem of not being able to bring up other windows, such as the maintenance hanger. Even more frustrating the fact the aircraft are now loading without fuel, which I presume is another feature of the programme I cannot access, or at least see. Any further ideas on this matter.

regards

Hossman

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Can it be that the transparency of these windows have been turned all the way down? That the windows actually are there, but are invisible? Can you click things when you presumably have opened them?
If so - experiment with the mouse-wheel around the area where the small +- sign should be and hope that you find it and turn down the transparency.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You can also change the transparency in the main FSX settings menu.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwilightZone
Airman

Post by TwilightZone »

Just downloaded...wop3 spitfire, accusim, and core update......also can't find maintenance hanger for repairs etc......had selection tab at top left open and searched but no luck......any help would be great......thnx
i7 - 4770K, 4.4 ghz, 16gb, 2TB, Windows7 Pro, Z87 Extreme4 System Board, Corsair 850w psu, 120GB SATA, 2 GTX 980 SLI, Asus ROG Swift 27"/144hz/1ms monitor,Trackir5 with pro clip, TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek pro flight combat pedals

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please start a new thread for your issue so we can better help you.

Also please check your manual for the correct buttons and that the controls are mapped correctly in FSX, by default the buttons are shift + 2,3,4,5,6 etc to use the 2D panels.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Hossman
Airman

Post by Hossman »

:D Hi chaps,
Erik you are a genius, The transparency somehow had become turned right down. All it took was my wife to go skiing, giving me a couple of hours to play with things. I eventually found the plus button and there it was. This has been very frustrating, the thing is I had not touched the transparency controls. The whole thinh happened on down loading the Spitfire. Thgis also had the effect of knocking out the screens on the P51 and B17, all of which are working. Many thanks Erik

regards
nad Gratitude

Hossman

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Good to hear! It was a shot in the dark, but even that sometimes hits the mark.

Now, throw away those boring and efficient variable pitch propellers and go flying with the wooden airscrew. I love the way the Spitfire behaves with the course-pitch propeller.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”