Radiator Flap through FSUIPC?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
danb12
Staff Sergeant

Radiator Flap through FSUIPC?

Post by danb12 »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered already but I cannot seem to find a way to assign an Axis to the Radiator Flap in the Spitfire using FSUIPC. Is this possible?

Thanks
Dan

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Radiator Flap through FSUIPC?

Post by Gypsy Baron »

danb12 wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered already but I cannot seem to find a way to assign an Axis to the Radiator Flap in the Spitfire using FSUIPC. Is this possible?

Thanks
Dan

Have you tried using the "Spitfire Input Configurator.exe" program? It is located in your FSX folder under
"A2A\Spitfire\Tools folder".

You could also do it in FSUIPC4(registered) using the L:Variable "L:Eng1_RadiatorFlap", I believe.
I mapped my radiator flap to an axis with the configurator tool. It is quite easy to do it that way.

Paul

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

thanks for the reply... Do you have to enable controllers through FSX in order to use the config?? As i have my disabled and run it all through FSUIPC as I had a clash of controllers...

How do you do it through FSUIPC?

Thanks again,
Dan

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

danb12 wrote:thanks for the reply... Do you have to enable controllers through FSX in order to use the config?? As i have my disabled and run it all through FSUIPC as I had a clash of controllers...

How do you do it through FSUIPC?

Thanks again,
Dan
It is possible that the controllers may need to be enabled but you can disable any of
the key/axis bindings that are causing your 'clash'.

For FSUIPC, you would need to define the L:Variable in a MCRO file and probably also
need to scale the output using a small Lua script. I do this with controls and axis that
are not otherwise assignable in the configurator tool. The configurator tool is a much better
choice for the radiator flap assignment.

To check on the need to have the controllers enabled in FSX, simply open the configurator
tool and see if the axis are 'available' in the assignment menu. There is a list of controllers
and their axis shown in the drop-down menu for the axis assignment section of that tool.

Paul

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Paul,

Thanks again, I shall look into the configurator tool as the FSUIPC seems a bit too over my head...

I think I may be able to assign to a different axis as the one I wanted to do wasnt listed... (the mixture lever on the Saitek Yoke Throttle Quadrant) I do not really use this on the Spit...

Thanks again, I will have a look later :)

Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

So, unfortunately I can do it through the configurator... however I need to enable the controllers which leads to the problems I was having...

So FSUIPC is the only option, unless i do it manually (using mouse)

Anyone got any ideas on FSUIPC? I haven't got a clue I am afraid!!

Thanks
Dan

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Dan,
Perhaps you should address the issue you are having that prevents you from having the controllers
enabled in FSX. How are they set up without being enabled?

I have a X-45 stick & throttle plus the Saitek Pro yoke and dual throttle quadrants as well as
an old set of analog CH pedals and a game pad all connected and enabled in FSX.

I do have many of the axis and default function assignments disabled/unassigned but the
controllers are still enabled which allows them to be seen by the configurator.

How are your controllers mapped? Are you currently assigning functions in FSUIPC?

What are the conflicts you are experiencing?

Paul

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Paul,

The conflict I am having is that when I use the joystick, but yoke always wants to take over and therefore I cannot use the joystick properly. FSUIPC was the only way I could find in order to stop this. Everytime I enable the controllers it automatically sets up the axis, it does this everytime I start FSX?

Pleas tell me if I am being silly/doing things wrong!

Thanks a lot!
Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

I have spoken to someone on the FSUIPC forum about the LUA files. He has kindly posted a script for me to copy so hopefully should resolve the issue :)

Thanks for your help Paul, it is much appreciated!!

Happy flying!

Dan

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Danm,
Your yoke/joystick issue can be solved by simply deleting the elevator and aileron assignments
for the yoke in the FSX Controls menu.

Paul

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Paul,

I know and I have tried this, but every time I start FSX it reassigns the axis?

Thanks
Dan

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”