Differential braking after C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
whiic
Staff Sergeant

Differential braking after C172

Post by whiic »

Differential braking seems to be different from how it was before. It used to be gradually controllable between left, balanced and right. Now the brake pressure is either completely full left or full right with anything by totally centered rudder. There's no differential braking other than fully one-sided.

Design fix or a new bug? I have not yet tried any re-installing to see if it would make a difference since I don't even know if it's intentional or not.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: Differential braking after C172

Post by gulredrel »

Haven't tried it for me, but have you installed core patch 1.5.2?
CHANGES from v.1.5.1 to v.1.5.2
All Core Aircraft
- Reversed brakes on Spitfire
Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

I think I had the 1.51. Installing C172 probably updated Core to 1.52 equivalent version..

The "reversed" brakes on Spitfire explains why it functions differently. I still don't understand the "reversed" part. It still functions toward the same direction, i.e to assist rather than battle against the rudder control. It's just that rather than being gradual, it's ON/OFF. No intermediate degrees of differential brake control: full left, full right or fully balanced brake power.

To clarify, my rudder is still fully capable of partial rudder control so it's not poor device calibration or a result of short circuit within the hardware. I only have problems with partial differential braking and the associated brake pressure gauge. (I did take apart my joystick to fix broken solders and do some hardware "calibration" of potentiometer nullzones but I did verify it with calibration utility that nothing is shorted out after I tampered with the my hardware. I started working differently after installing C172.)

I guess I'll install v1.52 update in case Spitfire's Core is in some limbo between versions 1.51 and 1.52.

It's of course possible that the behavior persists and is intentional part of v1.52, and that differential brakes on Spitfire were supposed to be ON/OFF in nature (at least toward differential braking, even if there was better control of overall brake power).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will need to install the latest core update to update the warbirds to 1.5.2
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

I installed 1.52 then C172 Hotfix. And the brake issue persists. Either 1.52 didn't solve it, or the Hotfix broke it again.

I could of course run 1.52 again to see if it makes a difference.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I just took up a MkIIb for a refresher flight. Differential braking worked OK.

I have the C172 plus the 1.5.2 core update installed.

Paul

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”