Total Reinstall problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JohnCT-4
Airman

Total Reinstall problem

Post by JohnCT-4 »

H, I've had a CPU disaster, and I'm reinstalling everything from scratch. My FS-X aeroplanes seem OK, but my nice Spitfire looks like this (Woops, can't past pictures) Well all I get is a cockpit & pilot, with a little red box about 8 feet in front of him. No aeroplane?? Any suggestions? Thanks John
Intel Core i5 4670 Haswell 3.4G 6MB LGA1150
Asrock Z87-Extreme4 INtel Haswell motherboard
Samsung 840 Series 250GB SATA3 SSD
ASUS GTX770-DC20C-2GD5 Geforce GTX770 2GB PCI-E3.0
TrackIR, Saitek Pedals & Engine controls, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Total Reinstall problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

it sounds like you haven't updated your FSX to SP2 so FSX SP2 aircraft will not display/work correctly until you update your FSX installation.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JohnCT-4
Airman

Post by JohnCT-4 »

Thanks Lewis, My instal sequence was FS-X, Acceleration, SP1, SP2. When I ran SP-2 it said it was already included in Acceleration, and it didn't run. So should I sequence this FS-X, SP1, SP2, Acceleration?

After more research, I realise I then went on and installed A2A Spitfire, Accusim, Accusim updates 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4, 1.5.1, then P-51. Could the late P-51 be the problem?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

it sounds like you may have made the error of installing SP2 after Acceleration. You have in effect updated your FSX install and then reverted it. I wont lie to you but take the direct route, its gonna be a good old mess in that installation now and best bet would be to start from scratch (Please don't shoot the messenger!)

Uninstall FSX, manually delete any leftovers and then restart system and reinstall. Heres how I would do it for a nice clean installation

FSX Install order with accel expansion;
1)FSX
2)Acceleration

A2A Core aircraft install order;
1)Aircraft
2)Accu-sim pack
3)Core update

JohnCT-4
Airman

Post by JohnCT-4 »

Big Day at the Office. Uninstall FS-X Acceleration, then FS-X, then check all files gone in AppData, User, and ProgramData/Microsoft.
Reboot, defrag, Reboot, Install FS-X in C/FlightSimulators/FS-X, run, close, defrag, reboot. Runs OK. Adjust for 3 screens, and calibrate controls; joystick, rudders, engine controls..
Instal Acceleration, had top accept default key mapping, run,close, defrag, reboot. Runs OK

Instal WOP; Spitfire then P-51. Instal Accusim, Instal Core update 1.5.1. Run. After about 5 mins flying control from joystick eases away. Shut down FS-X. Alert popup window behind the save flight screen says " Attempt to call a nil value" when I close the save window.Only thing I can think of is that I didn't un install the A2A stuff before I checked that the FSX folder was gone after uninstalling FSX & Accelerator. Nor did I uninstall my flight control software.

Great learning experience in learning patience. Any other suggestions than rerunning but deinstalling A2A programmes, then FSX, then Accelerator etc.

Cheers, John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

Sounds like your FSX install is all good so I wouldnt reinstall now. So lets get your A2A aircraft running and see if we cant help you on the joystick issue;

delete the dat files for the A2A stuff as they will still be present from the previous installation if you didn't un-install the aircraft. They can be found under your my documents folder in the A2A folder. New ones will then be generated for you.

What do you mean joystick went away from you?

Remember for some controls if mapping you will want to use the A2A Joystick config app (link found under you start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations.

thanks
Lewis - A2A

JohnCT-4
Airman

Post by JohnCT-4 »

Thanks, "Joystick went away" meaning the control column movement had no effect on the aircraft, and I was left flying on the trim to maintain pitch/altitude. I checked that the elevators were moving in an external view (they were) and also checked the ailerons were moving (they were). Checked airspeed ( about 220mph) and so I had controls working, but no effect of control. I couldn't figure out what was going on. So I ended the flight.

I'll follow your instructions and test further. John

JohnCT-4
Airman

Post by JohnCT-4 »

Lewis, Great advice. Deleted A2A files as suggested. Restarted FS-X. Selected Spitfire. Loaded previous test flight. Did pre-start checks on virtual screen OK, but my Saitek throttle/mixture/pitch wasn't talking to the controls. Unplugged & reinserted USB. Problem solved.

Thought reloading teh flight where I had a problem might have been a bad idea, so restarted a new flight. Selected Spitfire, and new location.

Usual set up of Three top screens outside view from virtual cockpit. Created a second window - Virtual Cockpit- on my No 4 screen (Instrument panel). Usually I do that panel full screen, but for no reason I made it about 10mm smaller on each side than full width, and not quite full depth to the bottom. Top aligned to top of screen. Started checks, and couldn't turn on generator. Checked virtual cockpit settings all OK. But mouse wouldn't operate anything. No primer, no brakes, no mags, no nothing. Hmmmm. Flight controls working OK, Engine controls working OK. No mouse operated virtual controls.

So then I adjusted the instrument panel ( No 4 screen) to the usual full width on its display ( but still with a 10mm gap at the bottom of the screen). Lo and behold, the virtual controls now worked. That's weird.

Successful flight, and everything seems to work.

So thanks for all your patient and wise hand holding, I do appreciate that very much. (Just like my best flight instructors) The tradition of customer focussed service is alive and VERY well in your business.

Regards, John Pearce.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

no problem, glad you're all up and running 8)

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”