Control panels question.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Uroboros
Airman Basic

Control panels question.

Post by Uroboros »

This questions isn't to the A2A Spitfire since it applies to all the A2A planes I have; but I figured I'd ask it here.

I'm pretty new to FSX and right now I guess I'm more a plane collector than a plane flyer. Anyhow seems my 2D panels have weird issues across the A2A line. In fact the issue pops up with similar panels I have for another plane. It's like the panels have a rip/cut that goes from the top left to the bottom right and then the two sections have been slid across each other ever so slightly. You can imagine what this does to fonts that happen to lie right across this rip. Other than that the fonts are just fine. (though there are issues with fonts on one panel which don't exist on the same panel for another A2A plane) .

The only way to completely fix this that I've found is to turn on DX10 preview. Running with that on makes the panels look perfect. But I gather DX10 has it's own issues.

I'm using FSX Gold edition under Windows8 Pro 64bit. 1920x1200 resolution on a Radeon HD7870.

I've searched the forum and Google; but haven't found anything that is exactly like this issue I'm having. Has anyone come across this issue before?

It doesn't make the planes unusable; but I'd really like to find a fix for this if there is one.

TIA

PS This is what I'm talking about. Also notice how one panel seem has additional font issues which the other doesn't

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Control panels question.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is your resolution the native res for the monitor you are using?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Uroboros
Airman Basic

Post by Uroboros »

Yes...it's my LCD's native resolution.

I assume it's some driver issues as DX10 preview mode makes the panels look fine; but I have no idea where the issue lies. Thankfully there are worse problems I could be having :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes, this has happened on some systems but I cannot remember if it was windows setting or driver issue. It could be ATI driver issue?

SteveBennett
Airman

Post by SteveBennett »

I also have a control panels issue.

I have just purchased and installed WoP 3 Spitfire with Accusim. While I had a pretty
successful 1st flight with the MkI, I broke the 2-blade prop while landing with wheels
not altogether down. Now I have an airplane with a broken prop and no way to fix it. I
have FSX Deluxe with Acceleration running under Windows 7 64-bit. FSX is running 32-
bit.

I have tried to get the alternate panes open from the menu and using Shift-(number),
i.e. Shift-7 for the maintenance hangar with no success. The first time I try to open
one of the optional panes, I get a flash like the pane opens but nothing stays on the
screen. With other planes the optional panes open normally. I have picked up the reset
DAT files (FAQ/MISC) to get to the 3-blade 2-speed prop but I can't do any engine work
so I reset each flight. Also with the reset DAT's, the 2-blade prop is not available. The transparency for 2d panes is set to 0% (FAQ/MISC), running DX10 preview.

Some assistance would be appreciated.

By the way, this is the smoothest plane I have experienced in MFS, ever. I have been
running this sim in one form or another since the first edition on the Apple II+

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Steve,

this thread was for a slight system error with the display. If you are experiencing other issues please can I ask you create your own thread so we can better trouble shoot. Have you also seen FAQ which details the flashing issue and the solution.

thanks
Lewis

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Hello

Are your panels big enough?

I don't know if this will help you but when I have this problem I hover the mouse over the side of the panel until the double ended arrow appears, hold left click and pull the panel to make it a little bigger and all the information then appears correctly.

Cheers and Beers

Bill
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

Hello,

FWIW I do have this also in window mode.

ATI Radeon card with somewhat current drivers (couple months old). I have had this thing since I installed FSX on the laptop, and it shows on all 2D panels. I did not search for fix since it does not bother me, but if someone wants to look into it, I can supply my configuration so you can try to find the common point.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”