Differential brake operation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Random Nonsense
Airman Basic

Differential brake operation

Post by Random Nonsense »

Hi all, I seem to have a problem with the brakes in the spit. They are always on about 10% with my Logitech G940 pedals toe brakes. Ive tried altering deadzones etc but no luck so far! Anyone able to help?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Differential brake operation

Post by MarcE »

do the pedals have an external calibration program? if yes, try to calibrate them there. I had to do the same with my CH Throttle...

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I find setting the "sensitivity" slider (not null/dead zone) in FSX for each of my brake axes to maximum typically fixes this issue for me. Has to be the one in FSX, too, not Windows or a 3rd party config program. Not sure why!

Hope this helps,

-Ian

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

As far as I know, the sensitivity slider only defines the "speed" or "acceleration" of the ingame controls responding to your hardware controls. For example if you have the sensitivity slider fully left and move your joystick rapidly to the left the aircraft ailerons need longer to get to the full left position than when your slider is full right.

I had my sensitivity fully right and deadzone fully left for my CH Throttle but wasn't able to idle the ingame throttle. Also not by using the accusim-sliders on shift+2 or 3 or where ever it is... ALSO the ingame calibration program didn't work, so I had to install the CH control center and calibrate the throttle externally...

My Saitek Pedals break by the way was first vice versa, second needed to eliminate any nullzones and third calibrated by the FSX ingame calibration... weird stuff...

Random Nonsense
Airman Basic

Post by Random Nonsense »

Thx, will try max sensitivity next then!

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”