Aircraft panel lights

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Aircraft panel lights

Post by MichaelAKing »

What wonderful flightsim experience, delightfully immersive and totally addictive....... but, can anyone tell how I can get the panel lights to work ?...... I'm restricted to daylight flying only. It's fully updated a/c and accusim.
Regards.
Mike.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Aircraft panel lights

Post by Killratio »

Mike,

Down the bottom of the panel are two "flood light" rotary switches (well, pots, actually). Note that the Spitfire does not have "panel lights" and in real life was totally unsuitable for night flying. It was used as such early on but phased out as rapidly as possible. The glow from the merlin exhausts was fatal to night vision and the lack of forward vision made night-landings a night-mare.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Post by MichaelAKing »

Thank you darryl for your reply, yes, I'm familiar with the cockpit switches, but they did not operate any lighting or illumination....... however I have completely reinstalled the aircraft and accusim , plus all the updates, and all problems are solved, strange, probably some stray electrode putting a spanner in the works?.

Thanks again
Mike

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Good to hear it's fixed. There are a few strange little things from time to time on installs. Re-install usually fixes them.

As to stray spanners... guenseli probably did your last 100 hourly...he is secretly working for zee Germans :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

MichaelAKing
Airman First Class

Post by MichaelAKing »

Further info, I fly the K5054 alot....nostagic so and so!, but I always load a default FSX a/c first, then the Spit, coldstart,.....
consistently the instrument lights do not work, change to another Spit, hey presto they work, back to K5054... They work.
weird.

Regards
Mike

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

Yes, this is an old tread, it's now a year after the last post.
I just got the Spitfire with Accu-sim and the v.1.5 update.
Are the panel lights supposed to do anything other than in pitch black conditions? In a flight at dusk, dawn or very cloudy days, it would be nice to have the panel
lights work.
What a nice plane, thanks Jake for the 25% birthday special, otherwise I'd still just be thinking about it.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”