ENGINE WILL NOT START

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
chewit
Airman First Class

ENGINE WILL NOT START

Post by chewit »

After Reinstalling WOP3 Spit fire I can not get the Engine to start in any of the models
I have tried starting Automaticly I hear the engine trying to turn over the prop does not spin or turn Just puffs of white smoke
When I first purchased the Wop 3 Spit from The flight sim store the model had a fixed wooden prop and worked now I have re downloaded the spit has a 3 prop system and will not start another perculiarity is The rudders work (CH) The Elevators/Ailorans (Saitec Cyborg)Work BUT Not the Throttle (The same on your Cub) When I go into workshop for maitanance The battery engine/oilpump/brakes/gear infact everything is Shot and I have not made a flight I cannot repaire any of those problems I can replenish Oxygen/Oil But not the AirI have Cleaned out All files starting with WOP3. Removed All Orbix scenery just incase? Made a search for acu-sim data files nothin found
I have set everything to the book Made a test start with Default Cessna Still nothing
I use XP FsxDelux Service pack 1&2
I do not have the Accusim
Please help as this is B/frustrating
At the moment I'm Flying the Spit by RealAir when I want to fly the spit and A2As Cub when I want to fly the Cub
Cheers Mike aka chewit :cry:
Last edited by chewit on 26 Nov 2011, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

Lenop
Airman

Re: ENGINE WILL NOT START

Post by Lenop »

have you checked your fuel? :)
Image, Image

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

Automixture off in the realism settings?

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Do you have the magnetos on?

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Yes to All get a few whisps of whtite smoke but the damed thing still wont start

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi,

if you are working with the manuals and also have understood how the systems works, double check your FSX settings. Next step would be a look into maintenance hangar, check also all engine parts for condition on left hand side of maintenance hangar screen.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

FSX updated to SP2 standard or Acceleration (which includes sp2).

double check manual for required settings in FSX also.

Try a reinstall of the spit, just run the installers again, and also try deleting the logs just in case.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Do you have electrical power? Maybe your battery is run down. It could be that simple, especially for anyone who just bought an Accu-sim plane and sat in the cockpit too long before starting the engine. Check out this other thread if this could be the case:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 60&t=24081

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Check shift+4 that you have fuel in the tanks + oils and all those other nice things :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

The only problems I have had with starting default type engines in FSX is with:
  • Fuel Valves closed
    FSX engine start-up bug.
Neither of them apply to you if can't start it automatically with CTRL + E, because CTRL + E should bypass both these issues.

The fuel valves closed is common problem when trying to start engines manually, and can crop up if you've used an add-on recently that let's you close the fuel valves, then switch to an aircraft that doesn't have them. Most default / simple aircraft don't have the fuel valves assigned to either a switch or a key, so you would need to first assign that FSX variable to a key. You can do that in the key assignments page where there is an entry called "Open/close all fuel valves". I set mine to CTRL + SHIFT + 5.

Regarding the FSX startup bug, again this only applies when staring engines manually. If you create a new flight in free flight, and choose a piston engined aircraft like the the default cessna, you cannot start it with the mouse. It needs to be started with CTRL + E, then shut down, then saved, and then opened. Then you can start it with the mouse. However, this would not be the cause of your problem if CTRL + E works for you although it is worth a try to create a new free flight with the default Cessna, start it up with CTRL + E, then shut it down completely, then load the A2A spitfire and see what happens.

The only other things I can think of with your aircraft is fuel tanks empty, or dead battery, although with a dead battery nothing should be happening at all. Failing this, it's an installation problem, so re-install.

Let me tell you a little story about the Accu-sim B-17. I had three hours to myself and decided to fly from Murmansk to Stockholm. I spent the entire three hours trying to start the engines! Even when I managed to start an engine, the RPM would not respond to throttle input, and after a few minutes the engine would die and the plugs would foul up. I was convinced it was bug, and re-installed it, only to have the same thing happen again. I later found out from this forum that the reason was because the outside air temperature was -7 and I wasn't using enough primer, and even when I succeeded in starting an engine, I didn't have the Turbo's on to warm the incoming air so the carburettors were freezing up almost instantly, killing the engine. I did not occur to me to turn on the turbo chargers while idling on the ground...

Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Let us know how the dat delete went. I PM'ed you were to find them.

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Mike,

can you please check the location in my documents for the accu-sim data files. I believe these are corrupted and will need deleting.

Ill alert the team to this post.

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you accidentally install the core update? this is ONLY for accu-sim users.

For non accu-sim users this fix from the FAQ is required; http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... t_dats.zip

jont122
Airman

Post by jont122 »

Hello

Have just tried to Fly my WoP3 Spit with accusim, and cannot start it?

I have gone through all the details in the above posts?

I am running Windows 7, My previous installation on windows vista still works? okay

I have re installed the Spitfire and associated files but it still will not start, either with the starter button or CTRL E

I am starting the program with administrative rights (also when I re installed it?)

I have noticed that the voltmeter is not showing any volts? when I press the starter button it just goes in then nothing? (the trolley Acc is attatched to the spitfire)

Any Help would be welcome.

Regards

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

jont122 wrote:Hello

Have just tried to Fly my WoP3 Spit with accusim, and cannot start it?

I have gone through all the details in the above posts?

I am running Windows 7, My previous installation on windows vista still works? okay

I have re installed the Spitfire and associated files but it still will not start, either with the starter button or CTRL E

I am starting the program with administrative rights (also when I re installed it?)

I have noticed that the voltmeter is not showing any volts? when I press the starter button it just goes in then nothing? (the trolley Acc is attatched to the spitfire)

Any Help would be welcome.

Regards
Hello,

please can I ask you to start a new thread so we can help you as this one is from 2011.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”