"accusim dynamic repaint"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
polluxware
Staff Sergeant

"accusim dynamic repaint"

Post by polluxware »

when i change the propeller to a another type -> there will be another model and a texture for it..

in this manner.. is it possible to change the spec.dds file during flight, linked to the accusim module to see oil leak.. or some greasy dirt effects?

if the accusim module generate an oil or another fluid leakage -> then change the spec.dds to another similar texture to visible it

so you can see the difference, and not just see the ordinary repaint whitch is new or worn-out type... (like in the psp when adding a new layer to the tex)

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: "accusim dynamic repaint"

Post by Killratio »

I have absolutely no idea how practical/possible that is but it IS a great idea in my opinion.

Watching an oil leak form would scare me...but they are not always very visible from the cockpit.

Looking forward to seeing what the answer from the guys may be.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The texture can't be replaced on a model (without ending the flight and changing an aircraft or simple rebooting the FSX). The only way is to hide first object and display another one with different texture(s).

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

ROB - A2A wrote:The texture can't be replaced on a model (without ending the flight and changing an aircraft or simple rebooting the FSX). The only way is to hide first object and display another one with different texture(s).

regards
ROB

it was a great idea anyway...

how about world peace? :mrgreen:

(thanks!)

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

ROB - A2A wrote:The texture can't be replaced on a model (without ending the flight and changing an aircraft or simple rebooting the FSX).
Actually it can, but it's not a seamless process. I do that when I test my repaints in the cleanup stage: once I've saved the texture I go to the graphics menu, move the Global Texture Resolution slider one notch and click Okay. This reloads the textures and I can see my changes immediately without having to restart the flight/FSX. But that procedure probably can't be used for dynamic texture changes unless there would be a way to call the Global Texture Resolution option from an external module and without accessing the menu. Also, the Spitfire textures require the maximum setting to show up in all their glory so the function would have to be called twice (one notch down and one notch back up again), with a considerable delay when the textures are being reloaded
Happy Landings
- Patrick

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

Jigsaw wrote:
ROB - A2A wrote:The texture can't be replaced on a model (without ending the flight and changing an aircraft or simple rebooting the FSX).
Actually it can, but it's not a seamless process. I do that when I test my repaints in the cleanup stage: once I've saved the texture I go to the graphics menu, move the Global Texture Resolution slider one notch and click Okay. This reloads the textures and I can see my changes immediately without having to restart the flight/FSX. But that procedure probably can't be used for dynamic texture changes unless there would be a way to call the Global Texture Resolution option from an external module and without accessing the menu. Also, the Spitfire textures require the maximum setting to show up in all their glory so the function would have to be called twice (one notch down and one notch back up again), with a considerable delay when the textures are being reloaded
may be this is the solution!

i mean you flying your plane then landing... if you see that in the maintance hangar that you have now appeared some new leaks... next flight-> another day you will actually see the result

the problem is that need a modul what first see the accusim wear type-> then modified the texture.cfg file where load the propriet texture

and when i sad texture... i don't mean 3-4type different wear textures.. just a bump tex or just a small detail pieace of the fuselage

maybe it's can solve by starting with the modelling phase, where you can set individual piaces of the plane where the "wear" can show up -> like the prop anim.+tex

future things i guess.........

or another thing! if the accusim feels that you landed to grass strip -> mud details to the l.gears....

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

And here I thought Accusim was the eighth wonder of the world... Now I'm depressed. :shock: :lol:

brad617
Airman First Class

Post by brad617 »

Would the canopy fogging up system be able to model this in the near future?
Brad
A Spitfire arrived around the end of the hangar at near enough 10ft slaloming though the dispersal pylons. He then landed, got out in a waist coat and suit trousers, unfold a suit jacket from the luggage hold and put it on. He was Sqn Ldr Ray Hanna.

jetnet22
Airman Basic

Post by jetnet22 »

it was a great idea anyway...Image

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

Sounds like you are asking for something very similar to visual damage modelling but with wear effects/oil stains etc. instead of visual damage.
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

It looks like the RealAir guys achieved dynamic oil staining with the latest Turbine Duke, judging by the screenshots in this presentation:

http://realairsimulations.com/duket10/i ... et10_intro
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Barvan
Airman First Class

Post by Barvan »

Jigsaw wrote:It looks like the RealAir guys achieved dynamic oil staining with the latest Turbine Duke, judging by the screenshots in this presentation:

http://realairsimulations.com/duket10/i ... et10_intro
Their Spitfires also "blow up". Not only does it change the external look, the canopy glass also gets covered with oil severely reducing visibility in the VC. Notice too how the prop locked up and I had to feather it to maintain a reasonable speed for a dead stick landing. It ain't accusim but it is a nice effect.

The repaints include and extra texture file named RASSpitIX_Ext1_Oil_T.dds that appears to dynamically get used when the engine blows.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Ah, I didn't know that. I wasn't terribly interested in warbirds for FSX before Accu-sim so I didn't have the RealAir Spit. And the Piston Duke and the Scout don't have that effect. Good to know that it's possible. Wouldn't that be something cool to make happen for the Spitfire as a service pack bonus, like the oar for the Cub? :lol:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

KaptajnKjuk
Airman First Class

Post by KaptajnKjuk »

This technique A2A already use, I think. Just look on the trolley and the little flap over the connector, that is a bit of model and texture that appears, when certain condionts are met (eg. you press the button for the trolley.. :lol: )

They probably could do that as well for the failures, but it would be "extra" in the model and textures, and not things that are interchangeable on the fly.

But honestly I'm not sure this fucntion is worth the amount of work It'd take..?

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”