MKIIa Eagle Squadron .. Merlin problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Peterpools
Airman Basic

MKIIa Eagle Squadron .. Merlin problems

Post by Peterpools »

Start up from a cold and dark cockpit for the MKIIa:
When I go through the checklist and start the Merlin in the Eagle Squadron MKIIa, the engine starts and dies.
When I follow the exact same procedure in the 303 Polish Squadron MKIIa, the Merlin fires up and runs flawlessly.
I'm not sure why this happens but aren't they the same aircraft except for markings?
Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thank you
Peter
Last edited by Peterpools on 29 Jan 2011, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: MKIIa Eagle Squadron .. Merin problems

Post by Scott - A2A »

First, check your fuel if you have not. What happens if you use auto start (Ctrl-E)?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Peterpools
Airman Basic

Re: MKIIa Eagle Squadron .. Merlin problems

Post by Peterpools »

Scott
Both MKIIa's are started exactly the same way. Same also happens in auto start.
Thanks
Peter

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Peter,

First a small thing: there is only ONE MK. IIa, the other is a Mk. IIb (polish squadron), which is easily distinguishable by the large cannon sticking out of either wing instead of being fitted with 4 machine guns in each wing. But apart from that you are correct: the engine is exactly the same and in my understanding also AccuSim treats them the same way. I have done a few startups with each type (always from a fresh FSX load to ensure reproduceable conditions) and I haven't seen ANY discrepancy between the two. Just make sure ALL switches and cocks are in the proper position for startup to also have reproduceable conditions. To me it is neither technically nor in terms of computer technology explicable why there should be a difference if excatly the same computer model is used - apaprt from "external" settings that might have an influence of course. But maybe Scott can supply some more technical background...

To create 100% reproduceable conditions however it migh become necessary to delete the logfiles in the \documents folder.

Oskar

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Oskar,

I think you are right about the docs log files. i had this problem for a bit in beta until someone (probably you!! :wink: ) suggested just that.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Peterpools
Airman Basic

Post by Peterpools »

Oskar
Thanks you for the info and correction. I will give it a go today.
Peter

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”