Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and I will add it.
- Accu-Sim Pack
- Accu-Sim Update: http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=41279
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Page ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)
In Game SETTINGS
Flight model sliders - FULL RIGHT
Enable Auto-mixture Ã¢â‚¬â€œ OFF
Auto-rudder - OFF
Engine stress damages engine - OFF
Advanced Animations - ON
Sensitivities (all controllers) - FULL RIGHT
Null Zones (all controllers) - FULL LEFT
CRASHES or CTD's
When I select the Spitfire and choose FLY, FSX crashes
1. Those who purchased our Spitfire within the first week (Jan 26-Feb3) received the HIGH resolution bump maps (a texture that adds more detail to a skin). There were some XP based and lower end systems that experienced issues when trying to load these high resolution textures. After the first week we sent out an updated installer with the MEDIUM resolution textures to be safe.
Regardless of what installer you have, we uploaded a texture swapper utility, which will load either HIGH or MED.
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... wapper.zip
2. We have had one report of this, and this was related to Windows sound driver conflicts. Check this thread:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15
3. You must have the latest directX installed, which automatically runs at the end of the Wings of POWER III: Spitfire install. If you chose not to run it, you can run it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
For those on slower broadband or offline machines you can download the following 96MB package for transfer to any offline and slow connection PC (full redistributable package for Direct-X 9.0C (June 2010):
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... redist.exe
My aircraft will not bank and aggressively returns to the center
Go to the Realism menu (Aircraft -> Realism Settings) and make absolutely sure that the General Realism slider is set all the way to the right.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=15
After I takeoff, I do not have full rudder control
Go to the Realism menu (Aircraft -> Realism Settings) and make absolutely sure that the Autorudder is NOT checked
My plane does not fly right and I have Passenger's X Installed
1. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62&t=19341
Ã¢â‚¬Å“When you star loading passengers, Click on "Flight & aircraft settings" and in "Disable payload weight and fuel update" select "weight and fuel disabled". This will mean that fuel and weight load will be read from whatever you set up with accusim, and not default FSP X payload model. So you center of gravity and other parameters will be correct.
2. Microsoft FSX can throw some unexpected turbulence your way. Also, the Spitfire can be a bit unstable on the roll. Try setting your weather to CLEAR SKIES
My sound is stuttering
1. If you have a mid or low end system that struggles with FSX (Intel Core2 or below), open your CONTROLS panel (Shift-3) and turn SOUND EFFECTS to LOW. This is still the same high quality sound, but just limits the amount that can play at once, mainly engine pops.
2. Make an exception for the entire Microsoft FSX install directory in your anti-virus software.
If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:
I cannot see my 2D Panels
Open your SETTINGS / CUSTOMIZE / AIRCRAFT and make sure your 2-D Panel Transparency is moved all the way to the left (0%).
I do not have Accu-Sim installed and want to use the other props
Accu-Sim is needed to change props and we inadvertantly set the wooden props as default props. This will be changed in an up and coming patch, but in the meantime, if you do not have Accu-Sim and wish to use the 2-pitch variable for the MkI and the constant speed prop for the MkII,
Download this file:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... t_dats.zip
and extract it to your DOCUMENTS\A2A\FSX\Spitfire folder, over-writing what is there.
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.
How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
To fix Simconnect, do the following (thanks to Aerosoft for posting these instructions):
- Go to the Control Panel / Add-remove programs.
- Ensure You have "show all updates" enabled.
- Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP2".
- Click "Remove" and confirm that You will unistall SP2.
At this point You might not be able to find Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" entry in the Add/remove list, so.......
-Close the Add/remove program window and open it again.
-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP1".
-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will uninstall SP1 (might require FSX Disk 1).
-Go to this folder:
-Delete these entries 3:
- Insert Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" Disk 1.
- Run Setup from the root folder on the CD.
- Select "Repair" and ok. It can take a longtime to finish and progrees might seem as if it has haltet. Just wait until it finishes.
- Install SP1.
- Install SP2.
COCKPIT BUILDERS + HARDWARE CONTROL INFO
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 78&t=67057
Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest