Mapping recog lights

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

Mapping recog lights

Post by Tobus75 »

Hi!

question:
How can I get mapping of my external recog lights to my honeycomb yoke to work?
I know the lvar's:

Ventral recognition light switch (L:LightRecogVentralSwitchPct,percent) 0 -steady, 50 – off, 100 - morse
Dorsal recognition light switch (L:LightRecogDorsalSwitchPct,percent) 0 -steady, 50 – off, 100 - morse

However, when I map them with 0 as on and 50 or 100 as off, the switches move very quickly but then revert to their old position.

Anyone know how to solve?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Mapping recog lights

Post by Killratio »

Tobus75,

The Ventral and Dorsal are signalling lights. The switch is therefore "momentary" to send morse. They are not intended or designed to turn on, stay on (like navigation lights for instance). They have a steady function but not really used...

Ah.. sorry, I see what you mean now... "steady" is not "sticking" .

Are you using a TWO position switch?

The only thing I can think of is that the value is looking for one of three and you are "combining" 2 of them. That may be causing problems.

Maybe try assigning "on" to morse as well and see if that works (you won't be able to use morse) That way the two of the three are on and ONLY one push is "on". I suspect that you may be triggering the morse function, hence the reverting to off problem.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Hi!

yes, I am trying to map them to a 2 position switch. From the lvar file I figured "0" meant a sticking "on" like when you click them to on in the cockpit via mouse.
I mapped "50" to switch set to off. i also tried "100" on the on switch setting instead of "0", but to no avail.

So no combination, I just want them on with switch on (value 0) and off with value 50.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I'll have to wire one up and see what I can find.

I'm guessing you are using a momentary switch (button) on the yoke?

It may pay to use the Configurator and not FSUIPC to do the lights.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Toby,

Apologies for the slow response—I've been away for a bit—but I've just checked this with my installation, and it looks like there may be an error in the PDF L:Var listing. In actual fact the variables "L:LightRecogVentralSwitch" or "L:LightRecogDorsalSwitch" seem to work, with a value of 0 (for steady), 1 (for off) and 2 (for morse).

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”