The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 am 
Senior Master Sergeant

Hi jacques.
In FSXA the men are put on or off the tail in shift+3 as you stated , but i have also observed they disapear automatically if you taxi to fast or start your takeoff run , i dont have P3Dv4 but i would expect the same result.

Fortunjj.
Dont hold the brakes to increase throttle for takeoff , just slowly apply the throttle increase while danceing gently on the rudder to keep it pointing down the runway as she picks up speed, you will find it easier to keep her straight during the takeoff , and when the tail comes up , it is then very easy with better rudder control.
regards alan. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm 
Technical Sergeant

Jacques wrote:
You release those guys via the menu after the checks are accomplished and then you takeoff!

Not me! I've forgotten those poor guys almost every single time! I usually remember them after takeoff but by then it's too late. I wish they wore chutes....

AviationAtWar on Youtube

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 pm 
Technical Sergeant

fortunjj wrote:
Might I ask WHY the sim would retain the state that the airplane was in before it was shut down (even if it was flying at full throttle at FL 100 at shutdown) when the scenario has been reset and the aircraft is now sitting on the runway? This is clearly an aircraft reset... X-Plane handles this correctly - when a flight is reset, the airplane is loaded in a default state that is not related to the state it was left in. I seem to be missing something with respect to why LM would design the sim to behave in a persistent way on a reset...

Among many other details of the A2A aircraft, the realism of finding my aircraft in the same state that I left it in is what Accu-Sim is all about. This is not a LM function but an A2A function. This is just one of the reasons I fly A2A. If I ruined my engine on the last flight I will find it still needing repairs on my next flight. Stock LM planes get the 'reset' that you mention. So, if you wish for your A2A aircraft to reset to a specific state with each spawn it will require exiting the sim in that state.

This may not be what you are looking for so maybe you will find some work-a-rounds to suit your needs.

Cheers
Roger

Asus X99a | Core i7 5930K @ 4625MHz | G.Skill 16GB 3000 | EVGA 980 Ti SC | 950 Pro NVMe 256GB (OS) | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0 | 3TB HDD | EKWB Custom Loop
P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche 250 - Spit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 pm 
Airman

WB_FlashOver wrote:
fortunjj wrote:
Might I ask WHY the sim would retain the state that the airplane was in before it was shut down (even if it was flying at full throttle at FL 100 at shutdown) when the scenario has been reset and the aircraft is now sitting on the runway? This is clearly an aircraft reset... X-Plane handles this correctly - when a flight is reset, the airplane is loaded in a default state that is not related to the state it was left in. I seem to be missing something with respect to why LM would design the sim to behave in a persistent way on a reset...

Among many other details of the A2A aircraft, the realism of finding my aircraft in the same state that I left it in is what Accu-Sim is all about. This is not a LM function but an A2A function. This is just one of the reasons I fly A2A. If I ruined my engine on the last flight I will find it still needing repairs on my next flight. Stock LM planes get the 'reset' that you mention. So, if you wish for your A2A aircraft to reset to a specific state with each spawn it will require exiting the sim in that state.

This may not be what you are looking for so maybe you will find some work-a-rounds to suit your needs.

Cheers
Roger

Persistent damage or wear and tear is one thing... I would agree that adds the very realism that A2A aircraft are known for. However, this state is actually STATIC - i.e. the aircraft is damaged or worn out whether or not it is running or flying. The states that the aircraft go through while it is being piloted are transient. These transient conditions no longer exist once the aircraft is shut off. The transient conditions can modify the static state which models persistent damage, but there is no reason to maintain the transient condition the plane was left in at the end of the flight - particularly IF the operator of the sim wants to reset the aircraft to an idle state sitting on the runway.

At the moment, the biggest problem is that the aircraft seems to be in a largely indeterminant state when it is reset. I simply cannot figure out a procedure that will guarantee that the aircraft is stable when it is reset. As a result, I typically have to restart the sim at least 2 or 3 times and hope that one of these leaves the aircraft in a flyable state on startup. Once it is stable on startup, it is actually quite easy to get into the air.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 am 
A2A Captain

fortunjj wrote:
I simply cannot figure out a procedure that will guarantee that the aircraft is stable when it is reset. As a result, I typically have to restart the sim at least 2 or 3 times and hope that one of these leaves the aircraft in a flyable state on startup.
How about the suggestions I made above fortunjj?

Nick - A2A wrote:
There are a few ways to easily get round this issue if you prefer to use the sim in this way which is fine (e.g. end the flight just after take-off and then reload the flight on the runway with the engine running.)

For example, you could use the P3D "position freezer user" option (I assign this to Ctrl Shift P) or the slew option as you've noted to 'catch' the aircraft before it noses over and give you a chance to close the throttle. Alternatively, just remember to close the throttle and allow a few seconds for the engine to respond before you exit the sim.

Thanks,
Nick