P-Factor and torque effects

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
knightfire_2001
Airman

P-Factor and torque effects

Post by knightfire_2001 »

I’ve been flying the Spitfire in FSX on and off for around six-years and it’s by far my favourite FSX plane.

I’ve tried the Spitfire MkIX in FCS at a mates place and found it really difficult to control on the ground, plenty of ground looping, tipping etc.
It felt like the torque effects and P-factor were way higher than what I’m used to in the A2A Spitfire, plus it had a lockable tail-wheel.

Question is: I’ve seen on another post that the latest update for P3DV4 has P-factor and torque effects increased, does this also apply to the latest Accu-sim update for FSX? Reason I ask is I’ve downloaded the free (thank-you A2A!) P-40 and assume it will update Accu-sim for all my A2A planes when I install it, just want to know what effect this will have on the P-factor and torque effects in the Spitfire.
Thanks,
Marcus

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-Factor and torque effects

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

well first things first is that you need to remember that real is real and hard isnt real. The Spitfire we model is the MkI so very different to a much later Mk9, However yes we did run some extra updates for the P3D version of the simulation that is inline with our Spitfire simulator also used for pilot training at Boultbee down Goodwood way.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

knightfire_2001
Airman

Thanks Lewis, as the updates are only for P3D I guess my FSX Spitfire won’t be affected.

It would be great if you could make the MkIX available in your store for us all sometime in the future.

I went to the Tangmere Aviation Museum last year where they are working on a Spitfire simulator cockpit. Are you guys working with them too on the software? Would love to try it whenever I can visit the UK again!
Thanks, Marcus

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Wish we could add the 9 to the store, but theres a big difference between a flight training sim and a consumer product, the cockpit for example being modelled in the software helps for a consumer product hehe :mrgreen:

Here's the sim at Boultbee;
https://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk ... esimulator

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

knightfire_2001
Airman

Yes a cockpit rendered in the sim is great, I haven’t got the $$$$ needed to build a Spitfire sim pit!!!

Thanks for the link, I’d love to check out the Boultbee sim someday.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”