Chart on Aux tablet or display +

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

Chart on Aux tablet or display +

Post by flash2 »

Is it possible to place a chart on an Auxiliary tablet of display like an I pad while flying to a destination on VFR.

ie while flying to a charted 2nd airport I frequently hit shift 5 to see how I am doing and do not keep the chart up so I can visually evaluate my progress and identify waypoints especially when trying to identify and land at small grass aerodromes that blend into the landscape.

I also like to fly to multiple aerodromes by just touching down on intermediate places and the MSF form does not allow me more than 2 so I am thinking of dragging my extended route to the intermediate aerodromes and creating waypoints. Is there a better way to do this?

The first question re Auxiliary display is the more important!

thanks,
John

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Re: Chart on Aux tablet or display +

Post by scottb613 »

Hi John,

If you happen to live and fly in North America - best thing since sliced bread - FREE...

https://flttrack.fltplan.com/FltPlanInf ... _Info.html

Regards,
Scott

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I use my Microsoft Surface on a side-table, running Little Nav Map, with my airplane shown via Little Nav Connector on my main computer. I can also see all my pals during our Sunday A2A flights. I don't always use it, but it came in really handy yesterday as I flew my Connie (autopilot off) on this RNAV approach to Rwy 33 at Anchorage, AK:

Seeya
ATB

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Wow! thanks, I'm sure it will take me some effort to get it going.

I do live and fly in the US but had my first real Spitfire flight at Boultbee, Goodwood in 1980 to celebratee my 80th and enjoy flying the Spitfire in England. Is there any equivalent or alternative to accomplishing the same or similar thing there?

John

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

flash2 wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 11:26 Wow! thanks, I'm sure it will take me some effort to get it going.

I do live and fly in the US but had my first real Spitfire flight at Boultbee, Goodwood in 1980 to celebratee my 80th and enjoy flying the Spitfire in England. Is there any equivalent or alternative to accomplishing the same or similar thing there?

John
Hi John,

Sorry - I don't think so - I've discussed this many times with different people - not for free anyway...

Fltplan GO is actually the only FREE source of Georeferenced Approach Plates and Taxi Diagrams I've ever seen...

You'll need to build a profile on the Fltplan website - the site is a great resource as well - as they seem to have performance profiles for just about every GA and BizJet aircraft ever made... I've used them for years with my sim flying...

Regards,
Scott

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Scott

Are there instruction on the site as to how to connect to an Ipad for viewing the charts in flight?

John

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

flash2 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 18:57 Scott

Are there instruction on the site as to how to connect to an Ipad for viewing the charts in flight?

John
Hi John,

Yep - here’s how to connect - need a little program to facilitate communications - link for program included...it’s labeled FSX - works with P3D as well...

https://fltplan.com/fsx.htm

Regards,
Scott

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

I second Scott and use FltPlan too. Great tool and use it in the real world too. It’s fun to record your flight path in both real world and sim.

Ron
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Do you have to be using GPS while in flight simulation to use this. Will VFR without GPS work using charts?

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

rhenson529 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 23:49 I second Scott and use FltPlan too. Great tool and use it in the real world too. It’s fun to record your flight path in both real world and sim.

Ron
Hi Ron,

Glad I’m not the only one...
:D

Regards,
Scott

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

flash2 wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 10:19 Do you have to be using GPS while in flight simulation to use this. Will VFR without GPS work using charts?
Hi John,

I’ve never tried it without a GPS - however - I’m pretty sure the only thing that little program is doing - is transferring your actual position from one program to the other - it probably has no idea what you have equipped - what type of flying you’re doing - or even what aircraft you’re actually in - I would think it would it would work just fine...

Regards,
Scott

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Scott,

Thanks for link to instructions. I am encouraged to give it a try.

John

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”