Tempting!

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Rammit
Senior Airman

Tempting!

Post by Rammit »

I am seriously considering buying the Spit but I am not entirely sure, can someone please persuade me? :lol:
ImageImage

ImageImage

Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, as I am 70,000ft and climbing

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tempting!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Promo video;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P-7e3RN5_Q[/youtube]

Tutorial, familarisation video;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYL7thQj6M[/youtube]
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Consider yourself persuaded. ;)

The Spitfire has become my favorite, much to my own surprise. I bought it to support development of the P-51 but now, even though I've had the Mustang since it was released, I still fly the Mk.I Spitfire almost exclusively.

I love the extra details like having ground crew to hold down your tail while you do mag and prop checks.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

You won't be disappointed. Just go for it. Think about it...the worst thing that can happen is you'll say, "Oh no! I have the best Spitfire simulation money can buy on my PC" :mrgreen: BUY IT!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

The first a2a and accusim plane I bought and it's almost single handedly kept me flying fsx, it's brilliant. Mind you it has meant that I had to buy the p40 too (the other culprit keeping me flying fsx). And frankly it's only a matter of time before the p51 graces my pc. So yeah, the only downside is that it made me an accusim addict. Bless it :)

Rammit
Senior Airman

Post by Rammit »

I couldn't decide between the Spit or P-40 with accusim for both. So I thought 'screw it' and bought both :roll: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

ImageImage

Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, as I am 70,000ft and climbing

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

A fine choice, you so the disappointed :)

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

I did of course mean you won't be disappointed, stupid autocorrect.

HansRoaming
Airman First Class

Post by HansRoaming »

Rammit wrote:I couldn't decide between the Spit or P-40 with accusim for both. So I thought 'screw it' and bought both :roll: :mrgreen:
Eventually you'll own all the A2A birds, started with a cub and just got the 337 after zooming (is that the right word? :)) about in the B17G.

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

HansRoaming wrote:
Rammit wrote:I couldn't decide between the Spit or P-40 with accusim for both. So I thought 'screw it' and bought both :roll: :mrgreen:
Eventually you'll own all the A2A birds, started with a cub and just got the 337 after zooming (is that the right word? :)) about in the B17G.
Very true!!
I have all of them (Accusimed), and love all of them.
It is hard to pick one everytime I'll go fly. A problem, or not.
Yesterday I took my good ol' 47 for a spin...and it still a masterpiece!

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

You won't regret!
Ros

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I still love the Spitfire. It's one of my top "go to" aircraft when I just want to go for a quick flight or to fly between airfields to test something I'm working on. Takes less time to warm up than the Mustang and is a wonderful aircraft to fly. 8)

Ian P.

AlexF389
Airman

Post by AlexF389 »

The Spit (with accusim) was my first FSX addon when I upgraded from FS9 two weeks ago. Incredible addon, brilliant frames and works amazingly well with Orbx England where I exclusively fly it. Just fantastic.
Image Image

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men." - Douglas Bader

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

Rammit wrote:I am seriously considering buying the Spit but I am not entirely sure, can someone please persuade me? :lol:
I now own all the A2A acusim birds, and I love to fly them all. The Spitfire is the one I keep coming back to. Whenever I start FSX I think "Today I'll fly the 377 or the P40" but I always seem to pick the Spit. It's an easy aircraft to fly once you get used to the engine management, when you get set up in a cruise and that big Merlin engine is just purring away infront of you, temps dropping nicely after a quick takeoff and climb (she climbs like an excited weasel too), it's just cool.

The MkI is the most rewarding to fly, with a choice of a fixed pitch or two position prop it is more challanging than the MkII and it also has a manually pumped landing gear which adds to the charm.

Dave.
ImageImage

sleightflight
Airman

Post by sleightflight »

I bought it last week & its all I want to fly at the moment , it is absolutely outstanding & well worth pc pilots platinum award , I even got caught out by a metallic tinkering sound when I switched the engine off , engine & exhaust manifolds cooling down , never heard that before in fsx.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”