A2A WoP3 Spitfire repaints K9853 and AR213 uploaded.

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
Barvan
Airman First Class

A2A WoP3 Spitfire repaints K9853 and AR213 uploaded.

Post by Barvan »

Uploaded my latest repaints, available in the FSX Skins library section at http://www.sim-outhouse.com when approved by the Admins there.

Spitfire K9853 QV-H as it appeared at the end of June 1940 when assigned to No 19 Sqn. It was often flown by Flt Sgt George "Grumpy" Unwin. A member of George's groundcrew painted the popeye figure on K9853 just before No 19 Sqn went into combat over France in late May 1940.

Spitfire AR213 JZ-E was a Spitfire Mk I built by Westland at Yeovil a full year after the Battle of Britain had been fought, it was one of the last Mk IAs constructed and was assigned to the operational training units. Recently restored it is currently owned and operated by Sheringham Aviation in the UK registered as G-AIST. It's current colour scheme represents AR213 as the personal aircraft of Flight Lieutenant James Harry "Ginger" Lacey while he was posted as an instructor pilot for a rest period. Lacey shot down more enemy aircraft than anyone else during the Battle of Britain. His final tally was 28 confirmed, four probables and nine damaged.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A WoP3 Spitfire repaints K9853 and AR213 uploaded.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking! 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bochumer
Airman First Class

Post by Bochumer »

New in my top-10 charts of Spit repaints, thank you so much!!
"What a pity, in a way, that an aeroplane that can impart such a glorious feeling of sheer joy and beauty has got to be used to fight somebody", Geoffrey Wellum in "First Light"

Intel I7-2600K OC @ 4,5 Ghz; 8 Gb RAM; nVidia570

Jetguy06
Airman First Class

Post by Jetguy06 »

I really hate to pull up such an old post, but would you mind re-uploading the K9853 repaint, Barvan? I've had that top picture as one of my scrolling wallpapers on my desktop for a while, and every time I look at it, I really want to fly that repaint, but it doesn't seem to be on SOH anymore. I've searched all over for it for a long time. Thanks!!
"The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward... and wish." -Unknown

flying junk
Airman First Class

Post by flying junk »

Both paints are still at SOH. The search function is not the most intuitive, to put it mildly, but it is a lot better than it used to be.

Click on the 'Warbirds Library' tab and go straight to 'search' under the word Warbirds about 1/3 way down the page. Put 'Spitfire' in the Search text box on the left, and select 'FSX Skins' in the Search Categories box on the right, then click 'Search' - they are the 10th and 11th results down. Good luck!

Jetguy06
Airman First Class

Post by Jetguy06 »

Thanks Flying Junk!! Found and downloaded!! I never would have found it otherwise.
"The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward... and wish." -Unknown

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”