Weird or What?

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
fido
Senior Airman

Weird or What?

Post by fido »

I was climbing out at around Angles 12, just entered a cloud bank; head down in the cockpit checking temps, when that beautiful Merlin sound quit. Well, that got my attention; as I looked up, I saw my now still prop, bend back as though I had hit the ground. I paused and took this pic. I am guessing there was a terrain glitch or something similar, but it sure was weird.
Oh, if you wondered, a Spit really does not fly well at all in this configuration. :roll:

Fido
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Re: Weird or What?

Post by polluxware »

you never know who left a brick(wall) in the clouds for ya...

:mrgreen:

S.Alva
Senior Airman

Post by S.Alva »

Hi
It has happen to me to, I was climbing trough the clouds and suddenly it was like I have hit a wall or something.

Strange :shock:

Regards/
Stefan
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Wunderwaffe, first attempt.
Michael Krawczyk

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Are any of you that get this using Ultimate Terrain X by any chance? I friend I fly with had this (but he had crash detect turned on), and he did a bit of research. He concluded that UT was the cause of this anomaly. It will be interesting to know if you wasn't using it, as he may not have solved the problem like he thinks he has.

Thank you.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

Tigerclaw wrote: Are any of you that get this using Ultimate Terrain X by any chance?
Yes, I am using it. I sure hope there is a work around, because I really love the software.
Thanks for the heads-up Tony.

Fido
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

I would think if those experiencing the problem could note the coordinates that it could be brought up on the UTX forum.

I have UTX but, as yet, have not had that issue. For now, I've only been flying in the US.

Vic

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

I can not give the exact coordinates, but I was no more than 50 miles WNW of Scopwick Heath, UK. I had taken off from RAF Digby. Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN4 3LH

Fido.
Image Image
Leonardo da Vinci

killerwatt
BDG

Post by killerwatt »

UTX is not a terrain mesh program, so I doubt very much whether it is responsible for the problem.
"He's talking about our mess bills - Sqn Ldr Brian Lane 19(F)Sqn RAF (Having heard Churchill's 'Never in the field' speech)"

Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB, Asus P6T, Intel Core i7-920, 3GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz Windows XP Home Edition.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

My American friends problem was in the US, not UK, so I don't know if that was responsible for you or not.

He did research it, disabled UTX did the same flight, and no problem. Enabled it again, did the same flight, and it crashed in exactly the same place. He was supposed to be well clear of the mountains, but hit a wall in mid air.

That's all I can say.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

markwlee
Senior Airman

Post by markwlee »

If FS9 airfields are converted to FSX, there can be invisible walls in the sky near the AFCADS. So possibly some FS9 scenery was converted instead of built from scratch with FSX tools.

sixgun
Senior Airman

Post by sixgun »

On my approach to Chattanooga I saw a 4 story building off to my left. It was stationary at 2000 ft. When I departed it was gone. Didn't report it for fear of them pulling my license. :wink:

st82nd
Airman

Post by st82nd »

Weird or What?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a......a......a........Piper Cub????????????????????
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”