Really nice!

Intelligent, elegant, and dressed to kill
new reply
Jedd1965
Airman

Really nice!

Post by Jedd1965 »

I've tooled around a bit in the Heinkel and I like it alot. Nice Job! Model is really sharp looking and is nice to fly. I really appreciate that the pilots don their O2 masks at the appropriate altitude. The heinkel 219 is just an interesting airplane and there is lots to learn.

I'm just curious as to the four holes that face foward on the undercarriage, just behind the cockpit. I'm right to suspect that is where the torpedoes were launched from? lol

I wouldn't want to have been on the receiving end of those if they were the armaments.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Really nice!

Post by ROB - A2A »

Meet 30mm cannons :)

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blaze
Airman Basic

Post by Blaze »

The cannons were positioned in the belly gondola where they were in order to prevent the muzzle flash from destroying the pilots night vision among other reasons. ie. maintenance

tommieboy
Airman

Post by tommieboy »

Jedd1965 wrote:...I'm just curious as to the four holes that face foward on the undercarriage, just behind the cockpit....
Just in case you haven't already noticed, some models also have two holes at the top of the fuselage (right behind the wing); these are cannons too! :shock:

Tommy
Tommy Mitomi

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

tommieboy wrote: Just in case you haven't already noticed, some models also have two holes at the top of the fuselage (right behind the wing); these are cannons too! :shock:

Tommy
And the second working gunsight in the cockpit, above your head. 8)
Michael Krawczyk

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

This little Flugzeug ist wunderbar for sure! Already in love.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

While Waiting for the Spitfire accusimed, I bought this, Gonna take some time to get used to that Cockpit. anyway, Great Aircraft!

But I have to admit I being spoiled by Accusim!
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"”