J3 not visible

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
midigame
Airman Basic

J3 not visible

Post by midigame »

Hi,I've Downloaded the Piper J3 into fsx steam edition and it works.The problem is when I try to use it in fsx dvd edition all I get are two people and no aircraft floatin in air.I have already lost two downloads trying to correct this,but to no avail.Can anyone help please?
AJ

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: J3 not visible

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi AJ,

It sounds like you haven't updated your DVD version of FSX with the two free service packs which Microsoft released shortly after the release of the sim. They can be downloaded from FlightSim.com here.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content. ... vice-Packs

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

midigame
Airman Basic

Post by midigame »

Hi Nick,I did as you said with the updates and the problem is solved.But now the Tacho is reading 3200 rpm at max throttle and 350 rpm at min throttle.Also the cabin throttle moves with the mouse but does not influence the rpm and does not respond to the joystick throttle.
Thanks so much for your help with the original problem.Great to have it working.Hope you can help me with the curent problem.
best regards,
AJ

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update AJ - good to hear the model visibility issue is resolved. As the next troubleshooting step, please can you run the Accu-Sim update here if you haven't already done so.

Could you also confirm whether you have FSX-SE and the disk edition installed concurrently on the same PC? If so, I suspect it may cause some complications with the update process.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

midigame
Airman Basic

Post by midigame »

Hi Nick,sorry for not getting back sooner.Tried the Accu-Sim update but did not work.The update could not see the Piper Cub but did see the A2A Cessna 172.The two progams - fsx box set and fsx Steam are on the one PC.I would have the Steam only version except that I have some scenery apps working in the box set but I am afraid that they might not work in the|Steam edition.Not sure how to proceed now.
best regards
AJ

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi AJ,

Very sorry, overlooked your reply on this topic last month. It's likely that having both copes of FSX installed concurrently is the issue when it comes to updating. Just out of interest, why are you using the DVD version of FSX if you have the Steam edition installed too. The Steam version has quite a few extra useful fixes.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”