P3Dv5 and New v5 Aircraft Installation Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Moose214
Airman

P3Dv5 and New v5 Aircraft Installation Problem

Post by Moose214 »

Hi,

There's a point late in the installation of the new v5-compatible J-3 and C172 aircraft that involves a "Window Installer" (?)

A window pops up, titled "Windows Installer", and reads, "The feature yoiu are trying to use is on a networ resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SimConnect.msi' in the box below."

The other Windows Installer message I get is:
The file 'D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv5\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client x10.0.61259.0. Try to find the installation package 'SimConnect.msi' in a folder from which you can install Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0.

No matter what I try, nothing works. So I "Cancel" that part. Then when I start P3D, it loads up to 100%, then disappears. So I've had to do several re-installations of P3Dv5.
I've never had a problem installing A2A aircraft into P3D before (v1-4.5).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Moose

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv5 and New v5 Aircraft Installation Problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Moose,

Is the path you posted above to the SimConnect.msi on your system (D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv5\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi) a valid one?

Either way, something odd is going on with your system because the installer doesn't run this copy of the file; instead it runs the one in ...\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK. Are you able to run this copy of the SimConnect file manually?

With regard to P3D loads up to 100%, then disappearing, have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for any logs related to this apparent CTD? If not, it might contain some info related to the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Moose214
Airman

Post by Moose214 »

Hi Nick.

After another bout of frustration today, I finally realized why I was having such a problem with the Windows Installer.
It couldn't find the default path "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\"
But I wasn't installing for P3Dv4; but rather P3Dv5. So I changed the "v4" to "v5" in the path, and voila! So I'm all good now. :)
Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Moose,

I'm still not sure I understand the issue if you used the new v5 installer, but glad to gear it's resolved at any rate.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”