Ground handling with steam purchase

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

Ground handling with steam purchase

Post by TatoBean »

So before I knew anything about how FSX SE worked I bought the cub on the steam store. (Wouldn’t recommend it just buy it from A2A directly) as a result I honestly have no idea if accusim is updated. After I installed the P-40 and subsequent Accusim update this thing handles like garbage on the ground. The tailwheel steering hardly does anything, differential braking is barely effective, and the tailwheel won’t unlock at all. (Or at least it feels like it.) and now if you point it into the wind with any more than about 10 kts it starts rolling away.

Do I have to re install? Or just cut my losses and buy it again from the A2A store?
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ground handling with steam purchase

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello TatoBean,

No need to repurchase anything, but please can you download and run the Accu-Sim update from here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Nick,

This was the update I ran when I installed the P-40. (Thanks again for the quarantine gift BTW, it makes the SAH orders a little more bearable) I ran it again just to be sure, and the same thing happened saying it didn't find my J3. I thought I read somewhere that since I bought it through the Steam store that it was supposed to be automatically updated and the updater wouldn't recognize it. But unfortunately I either haven't found where to check the update status in the Steam store, or it doesn't exist.

Thanks
Tato
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes that is correct Steam is an all in environment. All software on steam is always up to date so long as steam is online.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”