J-3 Cub Install Issue Prepar3d v4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ablake76
Airman Basic

J-3 Cub Install Issue Prepar3d v4

Post by Ablake76 »

The new J-3 Cub visual model does not display in Prepar3d v4 (I have not installed v4.5). The Map, Controls, Payload and Fuel Manager panels all display fine, but there is no visual of the plane (cockpit or external view). When I try to exit Prepar3D after selecting the Cub the program crashes. I have tried reinstalling multiple times, but the problem persists. I have 4 other A2A products and they all work fine. The only change I have made to my system since the previous A2A product installations is the addition of an Oculus Rift S. I have tried uninstalling the J-3 Cub and reinstalling with the Oculus hardware disconnected, but the result was the same.

Thanks,
Andrew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: J-3 Cub Install Issue Prepar3d v4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Andrew and welcome.

Please can you confirm which subversion of Prepar3D v4 you do have installed? The version number of "Client" and "Content" components must both be version 4.4 or greater to use PBR models.

Also, do you use any third-party VR software such as FlyInside, or any P3D shader mods?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Hello,

I too am having the same issue as mentioned above. P3Dv4.5, running activesky and various Orbix scenery add-ons.

All other A/C are not affected. I do not have the A2A C172 installed so cannot comment if that A/C would work on my system.

Cheers,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sparky69 wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 14:58 Hello,

I too am having the same issue as mentioned above. P3Dv4.5, running activesky and various Orbix scenery add-ons.

All other A/C are not affected. I do not have the A2A C172 installed so cannot comment if that A/C would work on my system.

Cheers,
Hello Sparky if in the more recent P3D updates you only did client updates, you'll need to do the fuller updates in order to use all the new features of the P3D platform. Including the PBR modelling that Lockheed added. Which subversion of P3D are you running?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Hi Lewis,

This could be the case indeed. I haven't updated the P3D platform in quite some time. How can I tell which subversion I'm running? The latest installer I have downloaded for LM is 4.5.11.29713

I will download the latest installer via the LM website and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Colin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Colin,

If you look at the Windows list of installed programs ("Settings" → "Apps" in Windows 10) you'll be able to see entries for the 4 Prepar3D components and, if you click on each one, its current version number.

As mentioned above, "Client" and "Content" components must both be version 4.4 or greater to use PBR models.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ablake76
Airman Basic

Post by Ablake76 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 14:33 Hello Andrew and welcome.

Please can you confirm which subversion of Prepar3D v4 you do have installed? The version number of "Client" and "Content" components must both be version 4.4 or greater to use PBR models.

Also, do you use any third-party VR software such as FlyInside, or any P3D shader mods?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick,
I just checked and I am running v4.5.13.32097 (I didn’t know my recent upgrade worked). I do not use any third-party VR software, but I do use Active Sky and ORBX.

Thanks,
Andrew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Andrew,

ActiveSky or Orbx scenery shouldn't present any problems, but the shaders in P3D must be PBR compatible to use the Cub. Did you check both the "Client" and "Content" components for P3D in the list of installed software?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ablake76
Airman Basic

Post by Ablake76 »

Nick,
Despite client and content showing version Prepar3d 4.5, my previous partial update did not work. I did a full install of the Prepar3d 4.5 update and the J-3 Cub now works. Great plane!

Thanks,
Andrew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's great news Andrew - thanks for the update and hope you enjoy the J-3.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”