No pilot in J3 cub

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
logiq
Airman Basic

Re: No pilot in J3 cub

Post by logiq »

Sure Nick,
My procedure = Uninstall J3 Cub via Control Panel – Programs and features, from Docs – P3D Addons.
Delete folders in ProgramData and Program Files (x86)
Start P3Dv4 my default, at Flight screen change Vehicle to Mooney Acclaim, save as new default. Shut P3D.
Install A2A J3 Cub to K: - SimObjects – SimObjects - Airplanes
Start P3Dv4, at Scenario screen, load P3D default F22 and Eglin, tick Default box, and run up to Flight screen, confirm P3Dv4 default is correct.
Select Vehicle – A2A J3 Cub, able to select male or female pilot and change mood of passenger.
Make a short flight, all good.
Reset Scenario and load My Default, Select Vehicle – A2A J3 Cub, all is good, able to change Pilots and Passengers mood, another short flight, reload My Default and tick box.
Close and restart P3Dv4, still able to configure the A2A J3 Cub, problem solved.

logiq

CitMusJoe
Airman

Re: No pilot in J3 cub

Post by CitMusJoe »

Hello,

I had the same issue with the pilot. My approach to a workaraound/solution was following:

Ensure the J3 cockpit is *really* cold & dark (engine off etc.)! (I do think I can remember an old FS-bug ... ?)

In extreme: load another aircarft - preferably the default military aircraft - before and shut _all_ systems down, in particular engine(s), master battery, Avionics and finally the parking brake to OFF. This mentioned item, the parking brake status set to OFF position by clicking the [.] key (independently of your status information text setting for the parking brake) - was the solution in my case and was reproducable every time!

Sometimes this occurs again, especially when 'switching' to the A2A J-3 Cub from a different plane. But when hitting [.] key for releasing parking brake - and of course setting 'tie downs' also to off etc. all works as expected.

Hope it helps someone else.
Joe

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”