extreme effects

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

extreme effects

Post by MarcE »

HI again,

please have a look at the video, is there something I can do about? If not, could A2A possibly work on the effects? I've also noted extremly exaggerated spraying effects on water (floats version), also when flying low above the water in about 10-15ft. All that looks totally weird from the cockpit.

Thank you =)
Marc

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: extreme effects

Post by Scott - A2A »

Marc thanks for the video. That effect is not correct. I’ll look into this and get back to you shortly.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Marc,

We looked into this and it appears there is a bug in P3D that affects the placement of these. I'm not sure if / when this happened, but we went through all of the effects creating some improvements along the way. And offsetting as necessary so you will no longer have the issue shown in your video. We are monitoring the forums as we always do after a release and will culminate any other issues or wishes people have and get an update out shortly.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 13:10 Marc,

We looked into this and it appears there is a bug in P3D that affects the placement of these. I'm not sure if / when this happened, but we went through all of the effects creating some improvements along the way. And offsetting as necessary so you will no longer have the issue shown in your video. We are monitoring the forums as we always do after a release and will culminate any other issues or wishes people have and get an update out shortly.

Scott.
Thanks Scott. Just take your time, the Cub is so much fun, I'm totally happy to have it back and most of the time we're in the air anyway :D Cruising in NZ under the summer morning sun atm, exploring the little airstrips ORBX brought to the sim :D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I haven't seen the video but is this connected?
Scenario: Raining. Landed. Taxiing to parking and throwing up spray from wet taxiway(not the problem) Parked nicely. Shut down aeroplane, properly.

Taxiing spray is still being churned out. For a minute there I thought I was on fire!

Watched it for a while. Left sim (P3Dv4.5)

:D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”