what are these?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cessna lover

what are these?

Post by cessna lover »

I have been seeing these two black things on the piper cub between the wheels like in this photo Image are those a protective cover for some cables or something? it looks like they are leather to. if you click on the image I posted it will get bigger and the things in question have a red mark I put on there to show what I'm asking about.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: what are these?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, they're leather or plastic covers which are used to protect the series of bungee cords which are part of the J-3's rather rudimentary landing gear. Terrific photo by the way!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Good pic. "How to see the around the nose when taxiing." :D

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Nick - A2A wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 16:23 Yes, they're leather or plastic covers which are used to protect the series of bungee cords which are part of the J-3's rather rudimentary landing gear. Terrific photo by the way!

Cheers,
Nick
:D ah ok so they are covering what makes the landing gear kind of springy? I guess you could say? and they are removeable so you can fix things? and by the way I found the picture on google so I could show you guys what I was talking about I didn't take the pic

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Isn't that guy in danger of losing the hat and/or the glasses?

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Les Parson wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 13:00 Isn't that guy in danger of losing the hat and/or the glasses?
:lol: yes he is but at least thy won't go through the propeller :lol: you don't have to lean over that far to see out of a cub do you?

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”