starting with out hand proping??

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
cessna lover

starting with out hand proping??

Post by cessna lover »

i have the Saitek switch panel and when I turn the magnetos to start this thing starts??? I did not think the piper cub had an electric starter. or is my flight simulator messed up some how that this thing is starting with out having to touch the propeller? I didn't think the cub would start with out hand propping it :?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: starting with out hand proping??

Post by Ron Attwood »

Do you have Accu-Sim for it?
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

yes sir I do

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I wonder if it is an Accusim issue? because according to the add/remove programs list the Accusim is indeed in for the piper cub. so it might be a glitch with that or something? cause it should not start like that.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

some how or the other this thing is using the auto start with the switch panel. so I checked the settings and there's no way to turn off the auto start? and when I shut the game down I either get a G3D.dll or a terrain.dll crash. so I am guessing it's not the A2A stuff it's the simulator it's self is messed up. and is either needing a reinstall or a fresh operating system install :cry:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

hey do you guys know if the this thing has a joystick config like the other planes do? I'm trying to figure out why the auto start is working when I turn the magnetos over on my switch panel?

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Depending on whether you are running special drivers like SPAD or its derrivatives for your switch panel, the panel may be sending a scripted start command that the A2A J3 normally doesn't use. Essentially, it may be sending a command to the sim that has no 3D panel button in the J3 or keystroke command in FSX affiliated with it, but one that the simulator still responds to. The Saitek switch panel is a strange device; I have to tinker with mine constantly to get worthwhile results. SPAD.neXt gives a lot of options for control over exactly what the Saitek switch panel sends to the sim and might be worth a look if you want to change its behavior.

-Ian C

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ahh ok. so if you just turn the magneto switch on the switch panel to both instead of start you can start the plane normally? it's just idiosyncrasy with the switch panel and not the plane then?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The real plane doesn't have a start position, so a simple solution may be not to move the switch to start.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The real plane doesn't have a start position, so a simple solution may be not to move the switch to start.

This suggests that you will not get a realistic start behavior from other A2A aircraft until you remap the start position behavior.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

no the other planes work just fine. it's just the cub that's doing this. I took a look and the joy stick configurators is not on the cub. so I will try the spad thing and see if I can remap it some how?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

How do you know they are working without the auto-start? If you don't prime the engines or open the throttles, do they still start everytime without trouble?

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

because I tried it on the P-51 and the T-6 they don't start automatically like the piper cub does. nor does the B-17. and I use the switch panel with them as well.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

We can't read your mind or see what you have tested and with what results. Thanks for confirming! :)

Now I don't know why the behavior would be inconsistent... :(

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

well if some one else has the Saitek switch panel and the piper cub. try it and you'll see what I mean. cause the P-40 does not do this either. nor does the Cherokee.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”