Noob question, cold start without accu-sim expansion

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
trindade
Staff Sergeant

Noob question, cold start without accu-sim expansion

Post by trindade »

Hi all,

Bought the Cub today and can't start it unless I use Ctrl+E, what is the normal procedure to do a cold start without Accu-Sim? I've read and seen some videos but all with Accu-sim expansion. It's the Ctrl+E the only option?

Thanks

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Noob question, cold start without accu-sim expansion

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the community,

I am not quite sure, if you can hand-start it without Accu-Sim. A2A had built this aircraft to start as the real thing.
(the default FSX Cub has a starter position in his magnetos switch, where A2A has only "stop, left, right and both"). Try different views from cockpit - in FSX by default they are cycled with "A" key, you can hand-start from the view next to the engine and just behind the prop. It is well explained in the manual of the aircraft.

P.S. I strongly suggest that you get the Accu-Sim package, it is a totally different experience with it. :wink:

Cheer,
Will
Last edited by LZ-WIL on 08 Apr 2016, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

mjj55409
Airman Basic

Post by mjj55409 »

Have you read the manual? I recommend it, it's a great read. Anyway, on page 42 under Starting, it states the Accu-Sim package is required for hand starting.

And I would highly recommend the accu-sim package.

mjj55409
Airman Basic

Post by mjj55409 »

Have you read the manual? I recommend it, it's a great read. Anyway, on page 42 under Starting, it states the Accu-Sim package is required for hand starting.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

Good question actually. I have no idea either how to start it without Accusim!?
LZ-WIL wrote: P.S. I strongly suggest that you get the Accu-Sim package, it is a totally different experience with it. :wink:
I can only agree with Will here. That Accusim pack is a total must have for those planes the came in seperate packages. It'll give you hours over hours of fun with the Cub!

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

Thank you both for your replies. Yeah I believe that with the accusim will be a much better experience, I'll get it for sure in a near future, but for now I'll have to fly without it. Regarding the cold start I wonder if I'm missing something? Anyway thank you both for your suggestions.

Cheers

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

mjj55409 wrote:Have you read the manual? I recommend it, it's a great read. Anyway, on page 42 under Starting, it states the Accu-Sim package is required for hand starting.

Hi mjj,

no, I did not read the complete manual but i searched the cold start procedure and I didn't find anything about it without the accum-sim package. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”