For the Future: J-3 Wishlist for Prepar3d v4.5-5

Born to fly
new reply
Busty_Bomber
Airman First Class

For the Future: J-3 Wishlist for Prepar3d v4.5-5

Post by Busty_Bomber »

Hi Scott.. so you might be surprised a little to read this but I made a wishlist on the features I wish to be added to the cub to make it more comfortable.

1. "headphones (magic headphones that connect to the big radio/gps) they would suppress the loudness of the noise generated by the aicraft inside. for both the pilot and Heidy. Reason beeing, I know it's a loud bear and all but it's good to have the option. Would anyone who would fly it in real life as of today wear a pair, maybe.

2. Cabin temperature display. In previous titles there was a colored text which told us if the cabin is cold, hot or nice. Green was nice. Would be nice to have it on the cub two.

3. A similar walk around to C172 Trainer. Although I know it's a simple aircraft, some form of walk around would be good. Not much cover I know....but its should be there.

4. Maintenance hangar and different engines. Could we do a "hot swap" :lol: I know when was introduced in 1938, the J3 offered choices of 40 to 65hp Continentals, Franklins, Lenapes, or Lycomings. Your cub has the Continentals but not the other 3. The idea here is to introduce a range of engines with a range of horse power, Wikipedia suggests about 23 variants (here comes the piper cub spam in your aircraft list :!: )

5. New parts. I saw somewhere that the wheels had covers for them, something about Flitfire, used in RAF Benevolent Fund.

Notes:

It's not an easy task to find out and introduce 23 different engine variants so that would probably become an expansion pack for this cub and trying to not spam your entire aircraft section in game while at it. But the rest of the wish list could make its way in.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: For the Future: J-3 Wishlist for Prepar3d v4.5-5

Post by wblackret »

Scott! How about a Super Cub!

Or, if you go the route suggested, at least add captain chairs, including arm and head rests, heat and massage. Might calm Heidi down!
Not picking at Busty Bombers post, but a Super Cub would be nice! :) :)
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

kopolla
Airman

Post by kopolla »

All I would like is to be able to swap seats with Heidi, looking at the back of her head all the time really makes me hate her hehe :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hi Bomber, some of the things on that list are realistic for us to make while others are not, like a maintenance hangar for example that would introduce a boat load of code. I will review this prior to any future updates though.
kopolla wrote: 23 May 2020, 14:57 All I would like is to be able to swap seats with Heidi, looking at the back of her head all the time really makes me hate her hehe :D
That front seat is seriously cramped in the real J3 even for an average sized male.
wblackret wrote: 22 May 2020, 13:22 Scott! How about a Super Cub!
I don't have a strong opinion on this either way, as I've never flown one.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”