Would it be possible to improve the propeller animation during engine start?

Born to fly
new reply
Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Would it be possible to improve the propeller animation during engine start?

Post by Tim-HH »

Hi,

thank you very much for releasing the Piper Cub for P3Dv4 :)

The only thing on the Cub that bothers me since the release of the FSX version is the propeller animation when hand starting the engine. When pulling the propeller through, the propeller turns a few revolutions, stops for a fraction of a second and then the engine engages. This video shows very well what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dH6S8vH5iE&t=7m32s

The stopping of the propeller before the engine engages is a little bit of an immersion killer of an otherwise excellent starting procedure. Because if the propeller comes to a full stop during the procedure, I highly doubt that the engine will still be able to start on its own afterwards. I always though the quirky propeller animation is a technical limitation. But a recent released Tiger Moth has a very nice propeller animation when hand starting the engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19bf9ldiMU&t=1m55s

So I was wondering if there is maybe a chance that you guys can tweak the animation a little bit in order to remove the short stopping of the propeller?

Thanks and Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Would it be possible to improve the propeller animation during engine start?

Post by Scott - A2A »

Tim,

Good point and I will look into this for the next update. Thanks for the vids to show what you were talking about too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Re: Would it be possible to improve the propeller animation during engine start?

Post by Tim-HH »

Thank you very much, Scott!

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”