The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Notice of downtime 5th Feb 2019

Hello everyone,

As part of our modernisation here at A2A Simulations we will be upgrading and changing the forums to a new system on the website Feb 5th. The new forums will resemble the current ones here and we are doing out best to get as much data moved as possible. However to make this as painless as possible here is some information existing forum users might want to know;

- The new system uses the store/website login, so if you don't have a store/website account yet now is a great time to sign up

- If you wish to have the existing forum data tied to your account please make sure your email addresses match each other. ie, the forum email address is the same as the one for your store account.

- Users will lose there Private Message data, so if you have anything you wish to keep in your PM's please do back this up to your own documents.

- The first iteration of the new forum will be the base forum, with basic search and profile features. Once this is live and in use we will then over time add extra features as needed.


Before we go live we will publish some helper guides showing users how to add signatures, profile pictures, messaging, etc.

We hope you like the new changes we have coming and we will do everything we can to make the change as trouble free as possible. The completion of the forum move is a big step for us at A2A in the boring admin side of things and means we can then move forward on some other rather more exciting projects.

many thanks,
Lewis - A2A Simulations

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am
Posts: 1084
Location: Arendal, Norway
I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?

_________________
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:25 pm
Posts: 185
Location: Central Florida. USA
Will topics that we’ve bookmarked or subscribed to transition over also? Or will we “loose” them?

TB2

_________________
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:11 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: LBSF
OK,

Store and forum emails - match. :)
Will We retain our forum usernames?

Cheerz,
Vladi

_________________
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Spitfire, Flying Fortress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 pm 
Offline
A2A First Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:14 am
Posts: 12
Hello guys,

TBryson2 wrote:
Will topics that we’ve bookmarked or subscribed to transition over also? Or will we “loose” them?

TB2

Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

LZ-WIL wrote:
OK,

Store and forum emails - match. :)
Will We retain our forum usernames?

Cheerz,
Vladi

If you do not have an existing store account, a new account will be automatically created for you using your existing username. If you currently have a store account using the same email address, your store account username will remain the same, as it cannot be overwritten during the import process. However, you may update your forum display name on our new forums to whatever you wish, including your original username. We will provide instructions on how to update that information in our help guide.

If anyone has any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:24 am 
Offline
Senior Master Sergeant

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:23 am
Posts: 1866
Hi.
I log on to this forum using a username , but for my store account i only use my email , along with the different passwords , i have no wish to have my email put into a new forum for general display , how do i get my forum username transfered to the new forum , as that is one of my methods for doing serches for problems , that i have replied to.
regards alan. 8)

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:05 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Hello Alan,

no email will be displayed anywhere. You can set your display name on the store to whatever you wish it to be and that will be your name on the forums.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:07 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
Medtner wrote:
I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?


Hello,

the issue might still be present with Hotmail I haven't checked recently with a Hotmail account. The issue is lessened with the new systems anyway so you should be fine. Worst case is a PM to me asking for help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am
Posts: 1084
Location: Arendal, Norway
Lewis - A2A wrote:
Medtner wrote:
I changed email for the Forum a few years ago because it didn’t support hotmail.com addresses for some reason. I still have my hotmail address on the account on the webpage. Can I change the address back to hotmail here on the forums, or is this problem still there?


Hello,

the issue might still be present with Hotmail I haven't checked recently with a Hotmail account. The issue is lessened with the new systems anyway so you should be fine. Worst case is a PM to me asking for help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A


I changed over to my old Hotmail-adress again, and will monitor it the next days. If I get a notification on this topic (which I "follow"), can I assume it works then?

Erik

_________________
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:35 pm 
Offline
A2A Master Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 3246
Location: San Francisco
I am not at all looking forward to the change. Of all the forums and web sites I visit regularly,
the A2A Forum is the fastest in terms of loading by a good margin over all the others.

The layout is straight forward and easy to navigate. Again, forum replies load very quickly and
even those with JPGs attached load fast.

All too often these changes result in degraded performance as the new site contains a lot of
useless eye candy and content that doesn't add anything that isn't already provided and seems
to only serve as a playground for Kode Kiddies. The recent versions of Firefox are examples
of this sort of 'improvement'.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! :( :x

Paul

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 am 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 pm
Posts: 123
Location: KPAE
Will the new forum still work the same in Taptalk? Looking forward to the change but I like being able to just click on Taptalk from the couch.

Thanks,
Ron


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7(3.8ghz), 16GB; GTX970; 1TB HD; 240GB SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 5330
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania
Gypsy Baron wrote:
I am not at all looking forward to the change. Of all the forums and web sites I visit regularly,
the A2A Forum is the fastest in terms of loading by a good margin over all the others.

The layout is straight forward and easy to navigate. Again, forum replies load very quickly and
even those with JPGs attached load fast.

All too often these changes result in degraded performance as the new site contains a lot of
useless eye candy and content that doesn't add anything that isn't already provided and seems
to only serve as a playground for Kode Kiddies.

If it ain't broke, don't fix





+1 Most definitely

_________________
Image Image
Image
...Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for Merlin parts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
rhenson529 wrote:
Will the new forum still work the same in Taptalk? Looking forward to the change but I like being able to just click on Taptalk from the couch.

Thanks,
Ron


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


taptalk wont be needed anymore the forums will mobile scale without the need for the app.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:59 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: Wales
Mark - A2A wrote:
Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

Mark
That's bad news. I have shortcuts to over 100 topics with what I consider to be important information of some kind. If I understand correctly, all those topics will be gone, for good?

Steve

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
bladerunner900 wrote:
Mark - A2A wrote:
Unfortunately, subscriptions from the current forums will not be imported to the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will provide information on topic subscriptions for the new system in our help guide.

Mark
That's bad news. I have shortcuts to over 100 topics with what I consider to be important information of some kind. If I understand correctly, all those topics will be gone, for good?

Steve


Unfortunately your shortcuts will be gone but the topics shall remain and move over to the new forums.

thanks,
Lewis

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group