how do i set up game so i have to start and then taxi my cub

Born to fly
new reply
JBaran
Airman

how do i set up game so i have to start and then taxi my cub

Post by JBaran »

hi all ... another 'noob' question here, sorry in advance

when I fly my a2a cub (FSX SE) when I choose my airport my cub is always engine running and on the runway ready to go

I want to start the game with it parked off runway, manually start the engine then taxi to runway ... I assume that is possible but how do I set up so game starts that way .. and ..

I was hoping that somehow the game would recognize my last parking destination as 'persistant' ... if I fly from Squamish Airfield and return and park .. can it somehow save that so when I start again I am in that spot or is that too much to ask

If I fly from Squamish and land at say Bowerman .. when I start game up next time can I start at that parking spot at Bowerman??

any advice much appreciated - not sure if these would be settings in A2A Cub or game, or not possible??

boeingman29562
Airman First Class

Re: how do i set up game so i have to start and then taxi my

Post by boeingman29562 »

Hey JBaran, I don't have the Cub, but I am basing this off of the Cherokee that I have. The state that you were in is the same the next time you load in the Cherokee, but it might work differently in the cub. Do you shutdown after you land, or do you just exit the sim? It might be the problem if you just exit. As for the parking location, when you are loading the airport, you can choose a specific parking spot under the select airport box. Once you spawn, you can make sure to park back in the same place, and next time you can load the same parking spot. You could also save the flight, and load it back next time under saved flights. Hope that helps!
-Josh McCorquodale

JBaran
Airman

Post by JBaran »

thanks very much!! I will experiment with that

I don't recall seeing any way to choose a parking spot at an airport but will take another look

very much appreciated

regards

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

For cold and dark: SHIFT+3 and click "cold and dark"
Also a glance in the manual would be helpful ;)

Have Fun!
i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - MSI RTX 2080 Super

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Unfortunately A2A Piper Cub is not like his advanced siblings (Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee for example) and does not have 'cold and dark' option that saves it state on next FSX flight. You would need to save your flight (don't make it default however) and when you load it again the Cub will be in the same state you saved (left) it.

'Shift+3' menu has 'Cold Start' that will set the aircraft with its wheel chocks, tie downs, locked controls and cold engine, which you can use if you don't want to save flights.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately A2A Piper Cub is not like his advanced siblings (Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee for example) and does not have 'cold and dark' option that saves it state on next FSX flight. You would need to save your flight (don't make it default however) and when you load it again the Cub will be in the same state you saved (left) it.

'Shift+3' menu has 'Cold Start' that will set the aircraft with its wheel chocks, tie downs, locked controls and cold engine, which you can use if you don't want to save flights.

Cheerz,
Will
+1 Will is spot on, you can save a flight C&D using a stock default aircraft OR when loaded just click the cold and dark button to have her auto turned off and all chocked down etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”