SFX + Orbx + CUB = bug or low specs?

Born to fly
new reply
Deimos2k15
Airman Basic

SFX + Orbx + CUB = bug or low specs?

Post by Deimos2k15 »

Hi all, Here I have a sort of "issue", it's not really a problem, but I've thought it may be useful to share my experience with both FSX and A2A.

I've been using FSX with a lot of stuff installed for years, and I've never gone through this thing before... Got installed FSX Steam Edition, along with FTX Global+Vector and open LC Europe Regions 1 and 7 and other Orbx airports... All seems to work properly, but when I load up the Piper J3 Cub the simulation starts to behave in a very strange way.
Although everything works as expected, after seconds into the game, it starts to drop some frames, becoming very irregular and horrible, especially with external views... Fraps shows a value between 45 and 60 fps, but visually I can confirm it isn't that good, it doesn't look smooth at all, I usually use EZDok Cam for all the views, and the bad thing is that when I turn my view away from the plane, the fps rises back, but the problem doesn't go away completely, to get rid of this, I must exit and launch FSX again...

Just to give you an example, with any other plane loaded, including third part stuff, the same region and the very same graphic settings, FSX runs like a dragster, over 80 fps, with PMDG planes, instead, the frame rate slows down a little bit, because we know that it's a very "heavy" stuff and my hardware simply isn't good enough for it, but at least, it doesn't look jerky as when I try to fly with the Cub. Another thing: BEFORE installing Orbx, flying the Cub was a charm, no frame drops, in fact, this thing started AFTER all the Orbx installations, and it only occours with Cub.

This is my list of installations:
FTX CAN CEN4
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30
FTX GLOBAL EDVR RINTELN AIRPORT VERSION 1.00
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.15
FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10
FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10
FTX openLC Europe Region 5 (Turkey) Version 1.00
FTX openLC Europe Region 7 (Mediterranean East & West) Version 1.00
FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00

REX 4 Texture Direct (all set to Dxt5 and Dtx1, working on Dx9)

ENB Series 0.075

And here is my specs:

Intel i7 3930k O.C. 4.6 Ghz
nVidia GTX680
G.Skill 8 Gb 2400 Mhz
Ssd Crucial M4 256 GB
Win 7 64 bit

Has anyone had performace drops or strange behaviours this way?

I have already contacted Orbx and posted in their forums twice, but unfortunately, all they answered me was to re-install everything, other than that, nothing (they haven't give me yet a response by email after 4 months!).
With REX4 I've never had any problem, it was already there when I installed the Cub, no performance loss, afterwards.
The fact is, I have a fresh new installation of Win 7 64 bit, a fresh new copy of FSX SE, I have carefully followed all the steps required to have a full working game, so it sounds a little "stupid" to me to start over another new huge installation, if anyone of you knows where to look at in the game to get rid of the "jerkiness" especially with the Cub, I would appreciate that very much.

Almost forgot!!
No matter where I load the plane, in or outside of the Orbx sceneries, it happens over all the places, every time the same formula: A2A Cub=frame drop, ANY other plane = NO frame drop.

Any idea will be well considered. TNX FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: SFX + Orbx + CUB = bug or low specs?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I've never seen this reported in the all years the cubs been out so a reinstall maybe in order but just to also check you have run the latest Accu-sim updater if you have the Accu-sim pack for the cub?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: SFX + Orbx + CUB = bug or low specs?

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

I have FSX Acceleration Box, with FTX Global, REX 4 with Soft clouds and A2A C172 and C182. I bought recently EZdok and set it up, worked as a charm.
I used the latest update from flight1 store 1.16 it was all good. I don't know what devil made me update it to beta 1.18.5, then all hell broke loose.
The first I encountered was the lag you mention, and half of the camera views were broken. I restored the original 1.16 version of EZCA - it did not help.
Then I started full repair of the Acceleration pack - same thing. I successfully uninstalled everything last night. Honestly said I wanna cry, since I know how many things need to be reinstalled , tested and tweaked again. My advise is, I see you have a good rig, reinstall the FSX, put your FTX and REX addons and leave the Cub and EZdok for last. I hope, I did not bored you with my writing.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”