New Accusim Cub Pilot - Awesome Job by A2A

Born to fly
new reply
Mike Echo Charlie
Airman Basic

New Accusim Cub Pilot - Awesome Job by A2A

Post by Mike Echo Charlie »

Hi all,

First post - I just recently decided to get back into FS (I poodled around some w/ FS2004 and some earlier versions back in the day) after a hiatus of 5-6 years I decided this time I would take it more seriously and really try to learn all the ins and outs. Just for background I have about 12 hrs in a real Cessna 152 and a couple in a real 172 from about 10-12 yrs ago, but I ran out of resources and other circumstances forced me to quit real flying. I have some sim flying experience also, but it just didn't quite seem 'real enough' for that suspension of disbelief.

When I got the book Microsoft Flight Simulator X for Pilots Real World Training & started going through it I was immediately smitten by the Piper Cub (first time I've ever flown one in a sim). Then I found out about the A2A Accusim version and knew I had to have it. I've since been going through the downloadable lessons from the books website and replacing the stock FSX cub w/ the A2A Accusim one and it's fantastic and much more satisfying to fly than the stock FSX one. The level of immersion is just stunning. I've recently been doing 8-10 knot X-wind touch and gos at Orcas Island (w/ the equally stunning ORBX PNW scenery) and each time I learn a bit more about getting everything balanced -and sometimes if things aren't going quite smoothly but not bad enough to do a go around I'll get it down and realize my palms are all sweaty. Now w/ the Accusim and some good scenery, the suspension of disbelief is there in spades. Awesome job A2A - you've got a loyal customer now. I can't wait until I get my sim flying skills up enough to take a crack at the B377 w/ the COTs (although I will most certainly go w/ the Accusim 172 and get good w/ that and then some high performance and twin engine flying before that point).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New Accusim Cub Pilot - Awesome Job by A2A

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Mike,

thanks for the kind words. Sounds like your return to FS has been a happy one and glad we have been able to help in creating the immersion of 'being there'.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: New Accusim Cub Pilot - Awesome Job by A2A

Post by n421nj »

Go with the b377. You will not be disappointed.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”