Cub won't show up in aircraft select screen

Born to fly
new reply
Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I was trying to clean up my aircraft select screen, and went into the aircraft.cfg of the Cub, and changed the ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper" to ui_manufacturer="Piper". Now the Cub doesn't show up at all. So I changed it back to what it was originally, and it still doesn't show up. I do not want to have to re-install, so is there another way to fix this?

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

So I installed the latest patch and hotfix, from quite awhile back, and my default paints show up. I tried to copy my repaints into the aircraft.cfg, but when I try to save it, it brings up an error message about Unicode and ANSI. PLEASE HELP!!!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Can you find the cub by keeping your selections set at "all" and scrolling through all your aircraft? If so, you are probably missing a line in the cfg file or have an accidental addition or omission from a line in the cfg. I don't have the cub (regrettably). Perhaps someone who does can pm you a copy of theirs so that you can paste it into FSX?
JP

EDIT my response was to your first post, which may still work to resolve your problem, but it may not given the errors you are showing in your second post. But it is worth a try.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I already have it showing "all." I might just re-install and reload all my repaints as well. I don't why this happened, when all I changed was the name of the ui_manufacturer. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

Additionally, if I do re-install the whole thing, do I just need the Cub patches, or do I need to install the Accu-Sim core updates as well?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Sorry it is not working, Chunk. So, install the Cub, then the update, then the hotfix. The core accu-sim update is for the P40, the Spitfire and the P51 only , so it doesn't apply for the Cub. Always back up your cfg before making changes.

JP

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

Thanks Jacques!

dsiegrist
Airman

Re: Cub won't show up in aircraft select screen

Post by dsiegrist »

Post the {fltsim=xx] sections of your aircraft.cfg so we can take a look. Maybe someone will see something out of place and save you from having to reload everything.

Dave
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I already just went ahead and reinstalled it. Less hassle.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”