Overhaul question

Born to fly
new reply
nhill40
Airman

Overhaul question

Post by nhill40 »

Howdy - just a quick question. Having a lot of fun with the Cub, but curious about the "overhaul" feature.

I know with some of the other accusim planes, the modeling detail goes a little further - e.g. maintaining individual cylinders, etc - whereas the Cub is just a generic "overhaul" option. My question is, what sort of behavior would I be looking for as I near my overhaul limit (current set @ 300 hrs)? Reduced output? Sluggish starting? Just curious...

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Overhaul question

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, reduced power and possible engine skips.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

nhill40
Airman

Post by nhill40 »

Thanks for the speedy response!

Can someone humor me with 2 more rookie questions?

1) An Accu-Sim question - I gather that I need to be saving my flight each time in order to take advantage of the wear & tear stuff (i.e. the hours will reset each time you start a new "free flight"). This has been working fine for me, but is there anyway to get your bird from A to B quickly w/o resetting the hours? I'm asking b/c I got my Cub out in the middle of the Colorado Rockies and didn't have the patience to fly her back out, so I tried be clever & created a flight plan and took up FSX on the "move me to this runway" option - which seemed to reset my hours on the airframe/engine. Is there another way to do this?

2) One of the options in one of the "shift-plus" menus is "cockpit heater" (or "heat", can't remember off the top of my head). It's a % - not surprisingly, moving this higher will cause the cockpit to warm up. My question is, out of curiosity, is this based on actual Cub functionality or is it just an in-game convenience? I have always been under the impression that Cubs don't have heaters, but I've been under a lot of "impressions" in my life that have turned out to be false so I could be wrong. :wink:

nhill40
Airman

Post by nhill40 »

Please disregard my questions ^^^

Just realized there is an entire manual (separate from the main manual) specifically for Accusim related info... :oops:

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”