My Baby!!!

Born to fly
n454mw
Staff Sergeant

My Baby!!!

Post by n454mw »

Hi all,
Well I finnally did it! I bought a plane and not for FSX either. I bought a well used Cessna 150L a couple of weeks ago and I've been flying every spare minute since. Below are some pictures.

It is a little rough around the edges, the paint is in pretty bad shape but the motor is nearly factory new and it flies great. Now all I have to do is make 48 payments and it all mine!
Thanks Mark

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Re: My Baby!!!

Post by Chad Graves »

Nice plane. You Luck!!!!
How much in total did you buy it for?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Well done m8 Happy flying
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Post by n454mw »

I got it for 13900 USD plus a 400 dollar appraisal that my bank required. Stupid thing was after I got the appraisal and took it to the bank to get the money, the banker never even looked at it! Stupid rules.
Thanks Mark

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Post by Chad Graves »

Wow nice price and really nice plane.

Sakai007
Airman Basic

Post by Sakai007 »

That is a beautiful aircraft. I took my first four lessons in a similar 150L, blue, black, and white, N4965V, ahhh, those were the days! I congratulate you on your purchase, and for that price not bad at all. You can't even buy a couple year old Honda for that and the Cessna is much better looking. People say you can pick up girls in luxury cars, sports cars, etc; try pulling up your Cessna in front of a club! Put them all to shame. That is really not a bad price. I look around in the local papers and classifieds for that "once in a life time" deal and normally can't find a decent 150 for less then 18k, and that is pushing it. Is it just the basic instruments? Is she IFR certified? Even if the paint is a bit rough, having a freshly re-built engine is well worth the investment. When was the last time she had an annual??? LoL, so many questions, I know, hope I don't upset you but seeing that bird brings back a lot of near and dear memories. My grandfather/mentor/instructor/life coach/role-model got me into flying at a very young age and I soled in the same 150 that he did when I turned 17. I had actually taken my last couple lessons before that in the fields Cessna 172 but I wanted to solo in the 150, plus I seem to have an aptitude for flying so as far as light aircraft go, if it has wings......I can probably get it back on the ground in one piece :twisted: Anyways, congrats again, hope to hear from you soon, and enjoy your new baby!

swarovski
Senior Airman

Post by swarovski »

Fantastic! Never got around to learning to fly I'm afraid but I imagine it must be great to actually go out and buy your own plane.
I learned to ride a motorbike a couple of years ago (something I can afford now I'm old enough for a midlife crisis) and when I bought
my first bike I was so chuffed (no matter about the 30 payments after :)).

Good luck with her. Have you named her yet?

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Congratulations! Happy flying!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Fly safe, and have fun!!!! :D :D

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

gravel
Airman

Post by gravel »

That is really exciting. Congratulations of buying such a sweet aircraft! Can I come along for a ride :)

Merry Christmas

Jim

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Oh n454mw, good for you. She is and will forever be your baby, so take a LOT of pictures of her (and you with her too).

There is no replacement for owning your own airplane. You will learn and know her every bolt, because, frankly, when one is missing, it will come out of your pocket :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Congratulations! Now you have an ultimate Accusim aircraft. :D

Good price, too! Just a bit more than my car, a 3 year old Mazda 3 hatchback. I bet you'll have a lot more fun for the money, though. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Congratulations! The 150 is a nice airplane, easy to fly and all. Remember, when you buy your next airplane (if you do). There are three things to avoid. 1) Planes owned by mechanics (surprisingly, these are the worst kept because mechanics can sign off the annual without it actually being in good shape) 2) Never from Alaska they're always beat up 3) never a former skydiving plane (why you'd want oen I don't know)

Good luck!

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

Congratulations on a great purchase.
There is nothing that can compare to having your own airplane!
Good luck and I wish you many happy hours enjoying your new baby!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

pjc747 wrote: 3) never a former skydiving plane (why you'd want oen I don't know)
Simple... There is no good reason for jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. And thats why skydiving planes are not perfectly good! :lol:

But Congrats man. Enjoy it!

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”