The obvious question

Born to fly
new reply
bandsma
Airman

The obvious question

Post by bandsma »

Any chance there will be an update to the Accu-Sim model for the Cub along the lines of what has been done to the B-17?

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: The obvious question

Post by guenseli »

Do you really want an accusimmed Accusim???

Or do you want 3 more engines for the cub :lol:

bandsma
Airman

Post by bandsma »

I was refering to how there are more specific maintenance options beyond the single OVERHAUL button.

Thog10
Airman

Post by Thog10 »

guenseli wrote:Do you really want an accusimmed Accusim???

Or do you want 3 more engines for the cub :lol:

Is both an option???
B377 COS, J3, B-17G, Spit, P-40, P-51, C172, PA28, C182, PA24, V-Tail

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I don't think they will go back and re-visit. While it would be nice, the B377 is a handful still without all the extra options. Although a crew that could actually help fly, and manage the flight engineer duties would be a nice addition. The P-47D is still a handful. The Cub is kind of like my Accu-simmed break from bigger Accu-sim birds :lol: . It is nice to know that it is easy to fly, but yet if I abuse it there will still be a price to pay. All the features for the B-17 are awesome looking so far though. This makes the anticipation almost unbearable now wondering what is in store for the P-51D, and then the F-4. You have to wonder at what point to they add so much to Accu-sim that it completely bogs down the computer/FSX. I thought when they added the oar, and moving abilities to the Cub it would affect it, but I have yet to see any ill effects from it.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

st82nd
Airman

Post by st82nd »

I think he means the ability to change pistons separately. If one gets damaged rings do to overheating. Or being able to chose fuel grade or oil for cold or hot temp. Also being able to chose either wood or metal propeller.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

From what I've read, the engine in the Cub is pretty break proof. Yes it can be totally trashed, I admit that, but it's a very forgiving engine, well built, and pretty much lasts forever. You can run full throttle all day long, or that was the impression I got anyway. Providing you do your checks before start up, and check the oil when you refuel, you're pretty good to go. I think the overhaul was designed to change the prop, when you inevitably tip over and break it. Yeah they could put a graphic in the hanger window to show your engine, but I don't think the engine gets damaged that much to be honest.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Accusim is a "growing" simulation engine, so each aircraft release will be better than the previous, but I believe Scott has already mentioned that they will not be going backwards and adding these new features to older models.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”