Born to fly
Barnstormer
Airman

Re: A2A Piper J-3 Cub Repaint Repository + Paintkit

Post by Barnstormer »

1SgtMajor wrote: Yellow stock Cub:
Fantastically. Great done.
Looks real, provided that the pilot is a dirty finch :mrgreen:

A download intended ? Please and THANKS !
Manfred D.Saliger
CreativeFlightSimmer.com

Hank
Airman

Post by Hank »

Barnstormer wrote:
Nice.
But already a little bit too much. RUST on wood, plastic and material ?? :shock:
The Piper exists of Alumiumpipes, material, plastic and wood. No rust attack available LOL
:lol: ....never heard of dried mud....?? So it ain't rust....its dried mud!! :wink: A washed version will be included....for you.
VH_WCE wrote:
Love this paint too!! Does it have a VH- rego on it by any chance? :wink: :lol:
VH-HAE...will that do? (Heidi And Everyone.... :mrgreen: )

Cheers 8)

Barnstormer
Airman

Post by Barnstormer »

Hank wrote: :lol: ....never heard of dried mud....?? So it ain't rust....its dried mud!! :wink: A washed version will be included....for you.
Oh, I see. Dried mud. Upss :oops:
It looked like rust attacks on metal ;)

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Merkava wrote:
Skulleader wrote: Image
Good day.
Where I can (if I) get this outstanding skin?

Thank you.
Pavel.
Pavel...... this was a personal paint for a good friend of mine and I've actually written over the PSD files by accidient. I'm currently working on another to post I hope you will enjoy.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Barnstormer wrote:
1SgtMajor wrote: Yellow stock Cub:
Fantastically. Great done.
Looks real, provided that the pilot is a dirty finch :mrgreen:

A download intended ? Please and THANKS !
Manfred,

Yes, I will post this one when it is completed, however, it may be sometime before finished. My schedule is currently extremely busy and I just purchased a new paint program I'm trying to get figured out. (smile) Keep an eye here for future posts and please let me know what you think of the progress. I always appreciate constructive critisim from fellow simmers.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Hank wrote: Image
Hank..... That is Awesome work on the mud!!!! That's exactly the effect I'm currently trying to achieve.

Beautiful Job!!

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello,

Just one word, great skin, please we want and we love this skins......

Bye, Skulleader.
ImageImageImageImage

addi41
Airman Basic

Post by addi41 »

Such a lot of questions..so poor answers. I think it would be fair that any paintwork should have a remark "private" or "dounloadable"..so we could have more than 50%
less requests on that subject..no :?:

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

This thread/topic was supposed to be a place where people could come to find FINISHED repaints easily.

Could I ask repainters to please keep WIP screenshots and information in separate threads/topics for that particular paint and only put screenshots of the finished paint and information on where it can be obtained in this thread. That will make it much easier for everyone to find finished and downloadable paints.

This thread/topic is getting a bit messy at the moment with all these WIP shots.

Just in case you don't know, to start a new thread/topic just click the 'New Topic' button on this page....

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

...and enter a suitable title then post your screenshots or information as normal.

Thanks for your assistance. :wink:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

6297j
Airman First Class

Post by 6297j »

Just curious Skulleader how big is your FSX folder? How many GB? How many variants do you have to choose from? You request repaints (before they are finished - have a little patience mon ami :wink: ) on this and other forums - you must have literally hundreds of them! How long does it take for your FSX to load?

Personally I like to see WIP's and follow their development before deciding whether or not to download them when they are finished. I wouldn't do that if they were all in separate threads and I would probably miss some good ones. If anything then maybe it would be better to have a WIP thread and a finished 'Download Here' thread?

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello 6297j,

I very well understood the fact which I don't have to ask any more of questions concerning the publication of skins, if I want to ask for an information concerning a skin I sendings a private message, it's OK now...
My Englishman is rather poor and I am not certain to have understood well your question.

If you wish to know the planes and helicopters which I possess, here is a screenshot of planes and helicopters which I use today with my FSX.

You will be able to explain me what want to say: How many GB ?

Here all my planes and helicopters in screenshot, please click on this link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/37090034@N ... 8/sizes/o/

Yes I possess many addons for FSX, I am a big fan of FSX ........
ImageImageImageImage

6297j
Airman First Class

Post by 6297j »

Skulleader wrote:Hello 6297j,

I very well understood the fact which I don't have to ask any more of questions concerning the publication of skins, if I want to ask for an information concerning a skin I sendings a private message, it's OK now...
My English is rather poor and I am not certain to have understood well your question.

If you wish to know the planes and helicopters which I possess, here is a screenshot of planes and helicopters which I use today with my FSX.

You will be able to explain me what want to say: How many GB ?

Here all my planes and helicopters in screenshot, please click on this link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/37090034@N ... 8/sizes/o/

Yes I possess many addons for FSX, I am a big fan of FSX ........
I can't see that screenshot on flickr - it says I have to be logged in.

If you right click on your FSX folder and go to properties - how big is the file? - how many Gb's? For example mine is 43.1Gb (I had no idea it was that big!) But I have very few repaints - I just keep one or two per add-on.

But yes, we are getting off topic a bit. Lets see some more finished repaints :D

AussieMan
Airman Basic

Post by AussieMan »

Tako_Kichi wrote:This thread/topic was supposed to be a place where people could come to find FINISHED repaints easily.

Could I ask repainters to please keep WIP screenshots and information in separate threads/topics for that particular paint and only put screenshots of the finished paint and information on where it can be obtained in this thread. That will make it much easier for everyone to find finished and downloadable paints.

This thread/topic is getting a bit messy at the moment with all these WIP shots.

Just in case you don't know, to start a new thread/topic just click the 'New Topic' button on this page....

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

...and enter a suitable title then post your screenshots or information as normal.

Thanks for your assistance. :wink:
Good idea Larry, but may I go a little further and suggest a new sbu-forum be created for the WIPs. Like you I find this going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic.

Cheers
Pat
To err is human ... to really stuff up you need a computer

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello 6297j

Now you can look at my screenshot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/399 ... c76a_o.jpg

Here the size of my FSX :

Best regards.

Olivier.
ImageImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

AussieMan wrote: Good idea Larry, but may I go a little further and suggest a new sbu-forum be created for the WIPs. Like you I find this going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic.
I just created a new 'sticky' topic where repainters can show off their current 'work in progress' (WIP). Please use this topic.....

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 62&t=19785

....to display and discuss WIP's and keep this one for finished repaints (with information on where they can be obtained).

Hopefully customers will now have a single place where they can see what is being worked on and a single place where they can see what repaints are finished and available.

Thanks to all for your efforts so far as there are some truly great repaints for the Cub....keep 'em coming! :wink:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”