A2A Piper J-3 Cub Official Paintkit

Born to fly
snb
Airman

Re: A2A Piper J-3 Cub Official Paintkit

Post by snb »

I think the blue part on the white area is... beauty! :)

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

I was working on a repaint (a very very very simple one) but got stuck with the PiperJ3_t.psd having a yellow cockpit inside it that I can't change. If I do change it, it has no shading, just total blue. :(

Don't worry about the horrible blue. I am just experimenting. :lol:
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The cockpit layer is meant to be adjusted by Hue/Saturnion adjustment.

Image . Adjustmetns . Hue/Saturnion menu

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

snb
Airman

Post by snb »

...Or you can use "Color replacement brush" in Photoshop.

And one more thing: you must do "Flip vertical" for each texture before use in simulator!

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

ROB - A2A wrote:The cockpit layer is meant to be adjusted by Hue/Saturnion adjustment.

Image . Adjustmetns . Hue/Saturnion menu

regards
ROB
Working off that...
This is the way it opens for me..."Yellow".
Then if you close it there is a second layer for this.

I have been using the second one for other colors.Note that the second one has "Luminosity" used.
I paint over that and a "Color" layer then duplicate it and use "Multiply".

Jeff

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

kiwikat wrote:I've also got a question regarding this part:

I've got it painted white in external view, but it appears blue in the VC. There's no blue parts anywhere in my VC textures... Is this mapped on the external sheet in another place from the external view version?

This's the only thing keeping me from uploading my paint now.

Guys, let me take care for this little detail. Please, ignore it for now, I will prepare a remedy and include it in incoming patch. There will be no need to re-touch existing skins. If you think some other details need attention, just let me know.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

ROB - A2A wrote:Guys, let me take care for this little detail. Please, ignore it for now, I will prepare a remedy and include it in incoming patch. There will be no need to re-touch existing skins. If the think some other details need attention, just let me know.

regards
ROB
Cool! I'll be uploading my paint tonight then. :)

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

"Guys, let me take care for this little detail. Please, ignore it for now, I will prepare a remedy and include it in incoming patch. There will be no need to re-touch existing skins. If you think some other details need attention, just let me know.

regards
ROB"

Rob...Any way to remove the "Piper Plate" from the right side of the nose?

Jeff

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

CODY614 wrote:Any way to remove the "Piper Plate" from the right side of the nose?
Hi Jeff, I am not Rob but if you want to 'remove' the Piper nameplate just paint over it on a new layer in your paint program in the same paint colour as your nose area. The only thing you have to do is to make sure your new layer is higher in the layer 'stack' than the layer containing the Piper nameplate. If your new layer is below the nameplate layer then the nameplate will still sit on top of it when the 'stack' is 'flattened' prior to saving.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

No, I can't remove this plaque for it will be removed from all Cubs. Making additional models without isn't good idea.

Larry is right. Just paint it over as if you would do in reality. Don't forget to remove the shadows around the plate.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

slait
Airman

Post by slait »

I'm not exactly a seasoned painter here and I seem to be missing something when I save out a dds texture. The mapping seems to be lost, or the texture is turned incorrectly, or something else I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

slait wrote:I'm not exactly a seasoned painter here and I seem to be missing something when I save out a dds texture. The mapping seems to be lost, or the texture is turned incorrectly, or something else I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
Yeah, I had the same thing happening to me. You have to flip the image vertically before saving it as DDS. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

slait
Airman

Post by slait »

Got it, thanks!

CODY614
Senior Airman

Post by CODY614 »

ROB - A2A wrote:No, I can't remove this plaque for it will be removed from all Cubs. Making additional models without isn't good idea.

Larry is right. Just paint it over as if you would do in reality. Don't forget to remove the shadows around the plate.

regards
ROB
Drat...Yeah...I have been doing the touch up thing.
But if any of your painting goes over the area...well it takes some playing around with it.
It just needs a bigger hammer to get the textures to fit. :D

Jeff

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

The trick there Jeff is to add another layer below the layer you want to add the logo/design to and then fill a rectangle with the base colour so that it covers the Piper nameplate. You can either leave it like that or merge the two new layers together once you have the logo/design done. Both of the new layers have to be above the nameplate layer in the layer stack of course.

Another way to solve the problem would be to move the nameplate onto it's own layer and then you can turn that layer on or off as required.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”